Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Ford Taurus today, I won it from a Copart Auto Auction. It’s a 2005 Ford Taurus SE with 120,000 miles. It’s in very good shape besides the minor collision damage. It needs the hood and front bumper cover replaced, as well as a new set of headlights. I already ordered the headlights. I’m going to check local junkyards for a hood and bumper the same color. Anyway, the car runs and drives good. The interior is nearly immaculate, the car is rust free, and the tires are good. It doesn’t have any warning lights on. It also needs a new battery and an oil change, but that was to be expected for pretty much any auction car. I think it was worth the $775, let me know what you think! Here’s the photos, I haven’t done anything to the car yet. I’m going to start working on it soon.

·
Registered
22,986 Posts
Fwiw, my local pick-n-pull jy has hoods/bumpers/fenders/doors for $25/ea. this week. You may be able to find them painted-to-match. Maybe some good headlights too. For other parts, I'd check Rockauto.com and/or Ebay Motors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fwiw, my local pick-n-pull jy has hoods/bumpers/fenders/doors for $25/ea. this week. You may be able to find them painted-to-match. Maybe some good headlights too. For other parts, I'd check Rockauto.com and/or Ebay Motors.
Wow, that’s a pretty good deal!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got some work done to the Taurus. I removed the damaged parts. I ordered a new set of headlights, and I’m going to go pull a hood and front bumper cover off a car that somebody local is scrapping soon, it’s the same color! Last night I changed the oil and replaced the serpentine belt. I also put a brand new battery in it. Once I get the new hood and front bumper cover installed, I’ll do a full detail and it should be ready for the enhanced safety inspection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ Fords, Chevys, you're an equal opportunity auto auction buyer, lol! See you over on the Impala Forum Evan! You do good work!
Yeah I’m not loyal to one manufacturer haha. Thanks! That Impala is still my daily driver and it’s been doing great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts