Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As most of you know, I work for Pep Boys. Well with the company, for every tire sale or alignment or "service of the month" I get a variable amount of Award Points....well to get to the point, with my points I got a good set of 6X9s for the Sable's rear panel. I thought I would post it up here on the forum to show all how to professionally mount 6X9s in the rear of our cars... Stay Tuned for pics.

Speakers: Pioneer TS-A6970R Pair

Sal

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/380000-380999/380592_208_full.jpg' alt='' width='575' height='431' class='attach' />[/url]

PS. Stay Tuned for my SHO-ABLE Thread...

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
oooh...im liking this thread already. B)

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
would 6x9s fit in the rear of a 99 sable wagon??
i know 6x8s will but i dunno about those oh and the stock speakers are 5x7s all around for those who dont know
oh and also i know they hafta be the same "thickness" as the 5x7s so u dont hafta remind me of that

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
most 6x9 will but you will have to drill new holes. The most you would have to do is cut or bend a little metal to make them fit.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, thats what Im planning on doing... what would you suggest yo cut with? I really dont want the Air Bags deploying cause Im banging the **** out of my Sable... lol

Sal

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I use a Dremel tool. A good one will run $50-60 but you can get them cheaper. I have two of the a digital one and a cordless I use them about every day. They are really a great tool to have around.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by carraudio@Sep 24 2004, 02:26 PM
I use a Dremel tool. A good one will run $50-60 but you can get them cheaper. I have two of the a digital one and a cordless I use them about every day. They are really a great tool to have around.
Sorry to jump in on this but what bit do you use? Just a cut-off wheel or what? Thanks.....

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Yes, just a cut-off wheel will work.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by carraudio@Sep 24 2004, 02:26 PM
If you don't already have a dremel, and you're looking into buying a rotary tool, get a Bosch roto zip or the milwalkee equivilent - these are much better quality tools and wont bog down nearly as much when you're cutting through something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts