Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i got a 99 sable wagon with 5x7's in the back, i was wondering if anybody thinks i can fit 6x8's in there
Also if i do fit those 6x8's in the back should i put 5x7's in the front or 6x5's??
Anybody know what tweeters fit perfect in my car? i got the stock case for em but obviously ford left em fucking empty....mercury :huh:
:05:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
You can put either 5x7s or 6x8s in those openings, front and rear. I would go with a set of 6x8" speakers in the rear, 2 way. In the front, I would get a set of components. There are no tweeters that will fit perfectly in those tweeter pods. You'll need to use what the manufacturer gives you to mount them in there. If I were you, I would go with 6.5" components up front. That way, you will get good mid and high range response, and get decent low frequency response from the 2 ways in the rear. Of course, you could always get a sub or two to beef up the low end.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...lets just say enough but im looking for something in the 250 watt range for the front and maybe around 300 for the back and im gonna get subs sooner or later
almost bought a whole set up for about 1200$ canadian (4 5x7's pioneers 250watts, amp , 2 10inch 700 watt subs (or was it 350 each? :huh: alpine i think) oh and an alpine cd deck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts