Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to changhe out 98 Taurus Wagon with the new one. But I couldn't find any info about. On the Ford website there is only the sedan one.
And looks they don't make it anymore...

Someone has more info? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Last year for the Taurus wagon was 04. AFAIK there are no plans to make a wagon version of the latest platform. Seems everyone these days wants a top heavy, ill handling, rotten gas mileage SUV or crossover instead of an, IMO, much more useful wagon body style.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Last year for the Taurus wagon was 04. AFAIK there are no plans to make a wagon version of the latest platform. Seems everyone these days wants a top heavy, ill handling, rotten gas mileage SUV or crossover instead of an, IMO, much more useful wagon body style.

So true, lol. However, I recently read an article somewhere that said the era of the obnoxious SUV's might be coming to an end soon.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
They still make wagons. They're called "crossovers" now. Crossing over from/to what?

Flex and the new Explorer are based on the same platform as the 2010-up Taurus, so you could basically call them Taurus wagons......

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
WEll, but the Explorer is a 4WD and has a higher ride, so its more SUV like. The Flex rides low to the ground. The Flex is compareable to a Taurus wagon, it just looks different than the Taurus.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now they don't call it Wagon, but X. I saw some around, but I asked a the Ford dealership, and they don't know/have any...

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The Taurus X is not a Taurus at all. Its the Freestyle rebadged. It also much smaller (though it rides higher) than the Taurus Wagon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wouls LOVE to see the new wagon! If you Google Images it, Autotrend or someone like that, had a picture of what it was going to look like. Personally, I likes it, and I think they come out with it soon, but knowing Ford, they wont. I mean, Mercury was supposed to be getting a re-badged Freestyle, which looked much nicer, but Ford called it quits with that brand. What a shame.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Taurus X is not a Taurus at all. Its the Freestyle rebadged. It also much smaller (though it rides higher) than the Taurus Wagon.

Ok, but had the Taurus badge. So what I saw, and looks not too bad, above all because looks there is more space in the back (removing the 3rd raw) for the dogs. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
i wish they still made wagons... why not they had to sell good...i see one -3 a day lol includeing my own

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I would pursue a Volvo XC70 Cross Country wagon over a freestyle or Taurus X for the following reasons:

- Volvo was owned by Ford until recently
- All-Wheel-Drive, with optional sunroof and turbocharged engine
- Still actually looks like a station wagon
- Ground-Clearance
- Is still made today

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
There is one wagon out there still, though its on the higher price side of things. The cadilliac CTS Sports Wagon. I love the looks of that car and if they made it in a CTS-V version I would find a way to buy one of those. That wagon with the vette motor in it and a 5 or 6 speed would be great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts