Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently had the pleasant experience upgrading two 6th Gen Taurus' to a full HID Setup. We decided to keep it OEM+ on the first one and for the second one we did an SHO Paint scheme but instead of regular black we had the housings color matched to Ford Tuxedo Black Metallic

OEM Halogen Projector with Dimpled Lens

Morimoto D2S V5 with E46 BoschA/L Conversion Brackets ( Notice the Clear Lens with the Blue AR Coating)

OEM+ Conversion

SHO Style Paintwork Colormatched to Tuxedo Black Metallic

Output Testing on 45W Hylux Ballasts with Morimoto 6500K D2H Bulbs

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks good. I've been meaning to paint my HL housings, hate that gray plastic. How was the separation? I'm really scared to throw them in the oven.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These were cut open since Ford Permaseal has a reputation for being extremely difficult to work with and 90% of the time the channels get damaged beyond repair. If you do manage to seperate them by baking then you have the tidious task of CLEANING all that sealant out. Since time is money, we use an ultrasonic knife to cut the lenses from the housings then plastic wield it shut after the conversion. This reduces the amount of time needed to build the lights and the end result is much cleaner and professional look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts