Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesturday i was driving around and looked at my gauges, and noticed my miles were gettin up there. close to a special number. well i got home from work and thought i would reach the occasion while on the freeway to school the next morning. well my freind comes over and we to out to eat somewhere. on the whole way back we are doing a milage countdown. i didnt have a camera so i wanted the quickest way home. i took down sidestreets and were 2 houses away when it got to the special milage. i went in and got the digi cam but the pics wouldnt come out. so my freind said if we have the engine off we can push the car in front of my house where i park it. so we do that and let it be so we can take a pic tomorrow morning.

MY CAR HIT 66,666.6 miles.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
it was a special occasion. does anyone else take pics when all the numbers line up?
ill put the pic up tomorrow

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mario, You are nutz dude! :blink: ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Heh...I'll hit 1,000 tomorrow, probably somewhere on I-71 between here and Louisville.

Just 4,000 miles to my first service (I'm going by the warranty book service schedule with oil changes every 5k miles) and I've only had it a week, how depressing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
:withstupid:

Haha, just did that with my camera phone last week. Who cares about 100,000? It's all about the 99,999.99!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I forgot, I have a milage picture...not a major rollover, but I couldn't resist getting this evil number. If I had been about 10 seconds quicker, it would have been all sixes.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
My old Sable Wagon is about 75 miles from reading all 8's. Well, almost all 8's. (I'm nowhere close to 800,000 miles...) Maybe, if I can remember, I'll take a digi-cam with me to watch the "odometer test" :p on my way to school this Friday...

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'll be at 88,888 sometime relatively soon. I don't drive as much now as I did just a couple months ago (was on co-op, now in classes), but probably sometime between January or March, I'll hit it.

JR

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
My 99 LX Vulcan has 136,607 on it if I remember right and it runs better than when I got it. It had a blown head gasket when I got it and I never realized it until it started shooting the oil into my radiator reserve tank at 1/2 a quart a day, especially when I got on it hard. That and the fact that steam would come out of my exaust for like 10-20 mins before it would stop.

·
Registered
790 Posts
i hit 100,000 yesterday............ *pats dash appreciatively* stills runs like new.....

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Originally posted by mjolley@Oct 14 2004, 12:22 AM
I forgot, I have a milage picture...not a major rollover, but I couldn't resist getting this evil number. If I had been about 10 seconds quicker, it would have been all sixes.
Ooooo, temperature in the message center. Something useful for a change. Do you find that the "AVE MPG" is not quite accurate? Most of the time my calculated MPG after a fill-up is 2-5 MPG higher than the display shows. It's fun to reset at fill-up and watch MPG drop from 86.7 to 4.5.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by sfhess@Oct 14 2004, 04:09 PM
Ooooo, temperature in the message center. Something useful for a change. Do you find that the "AVE MPG" is not quite accurate? Most of the time my calculated MPG after a fill-up is 2-5 MPG higher than the display shows. It's fun to reset at fill-up and watch MPG drop from 86.7 to 4.5.
I'll reset after a fill-up and baby the thing to keep the AVG MPG as high as I can.. that is until some ticks me off. Then its 40 MPG to 21 in a matter of seconds... :D Oh well!!!

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Miine actually went UP a tenth the other day when I got on it hard entering the freeway.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'll hit 200 000miles soon

around 315 000km but its not the real mileage on my car!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've found the MPG display to be good, for an estimate anyways. I do like hitting reset and watching the numbers go crazy.

I've noticed the numbers will stay the same regardless of how I'm driving (I think it averages the number over a number of miles) but when I hit reset, it can go up to 40-something if I coast, then down to 8 if I accelerate...is there some way to change between average MPG and instant, or is it just doing that because there's no data to make the average?

I just keep the display on DTE, I find that more useful anyways.

As for the Temperature in the display center...it was either that or the Compass, which is cool too (the more displays and gauges the better, I always say), but I can't decide which I like better. I think the temp is more useful than the heading, so I just keep it on that.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I'll be at 88,888 sometime relatively soon.
I hit 188,888.9 when I got the pic but I cant host it because I have a crappy phone

not I'm over 190,800 and she dyno'ed like a new car.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by WillieSHOme@Oct 13 2004, 11:15 PM
Mario, You are nutz dude! :blink: ;)
just cause me and my freind are willing to go to any means to get the monumentous acasion on camera? naw

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
so my freind said if we have the engine off we can push the car in front of my house where i park it
Umm dont the miles go up anyways regardless if the car is off or on my nana had a mobile motor home and she towed her car to florida on it and her miles went up everytime she towed it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts