Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to put my current sable 20's on a 08 taurus which i 5x114 i believe.

ive seen adapters on ebay that look decent, around $200 for a set but im just wondering two things:

one, will they work with regular 5x108 wheels? im not worried about clearance because i know 20's fit a gen 5 easy but some poeple say they will stick out super far because the adapters, act as a wheel spacer as well.

also, are they "safe" to use and has anyone tried them before?

here is what im talking about:

5x4.5 (114.3)& 5x4.75 (120.7) to 5x108 Wheel 2 Adapters | eBay

·
Registered
671 Posts
As long as everything's torqued to spec, it'll be fine. I'll give you my normal suspension rant, though. Pushing your wheels out 1.25" will alter your suspension geometry, and effectively soften your dynamic spring rate, though a 2.5" wider wheelbase will lower your roll center. I think. It's also 6am on a Saturday and I might be mixing things up. Either way, you won't notice it unless you're familiar with your handling characteristics and you push it to the extremes.

It'll stick out decently on the G5, though, but it might look sporty. Don't forget to post pictures after!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im gunna have them professionally installed i dont wanna take a chance, but these are great, i tried to sell my rims that were $1900 new for $900 with 75% tread and not even one person contacted me bevuase the lug pattern is whack

·
Registered
671 Posts
And people who are plus sizing bulls and volvos probably haven't thought as big as a 20". I'm moving up to a 17" soon and I look at 18" as too high. Again, I can't wait to see them on a G5!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, the ride sucks on my geb 4 on 20s and i knnow the fender is much wider on the g5s so when it comes to get new tires i think im going up a size, unfortunatly i cant remember what size they are now i will check though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts