Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im using a 35w 3000k hid kit in my fogs right now with a yellow overlay and the output is great, but ive been thinking lately i would really love to try a 4300k 55w kit with the yellow overlay but im not sure how much heat it would create.

most hids companies already say not to use them in small housings and with the yellow overlay that might add some heat inside the housing...

so is it a bad idea?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ Nov 9 2009, 01:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=765794
hey guys im using a 35w 3000k hid kit in my fogs right now with a yellow overlay and the output is great, but ive been thinking lately i would really love to try a 4300k 55w kit with the yellow overlay but im not sure how much heat it would create.

most hids companies already say not to use them in small housings and with the yellow overlay that might add some heat inside the housing...

so is it a bad idea?[/b]
Its not that the overlays would create more heat.. but you gotta remember that you have.. what is essentially super heated plasma in a tube. That is HOT. If you increase the wattage... i wouldn't be surprised if i melted.

I'd stick with the 35's. But thats just me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
2000sable
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing