Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 Ford Taurus wagon w/ new radiator

"Only damage on the car is the back end and a blown head gasket. Brand new radiator. 107,000 miles! Car runs fine other than what is noted. Asking for 500 obo no less than 400. Email me or reach me at 2073305370. Sticker good until September and minimal rust. "

1) That's the ONLY damage? Well thank god. What the heck did the owner do? Back into a tree at 25 mph? And where do you guy zebra Duct tape? Dang. :rolleyes2:
2) With that bash in the rear it looks like it has 207k miles.
3) How can a car run fine if it has a "blown head gasket"?
4) Why would you list what you are asking and what you will take in the ad? That's like playing a game of poker and showing your hand to you competitors!!!
5) Minimal rust? Liar. You're in Maine, it's dang 17 years old, the back end is bashed all to heck. I imagine the rockers are nearing toasted stage, maybe the filler neck area and the wheel well arches too.

These kind of sellers, as you see, annoy me.

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Oooh, I love the zebra tape. "Car runs fine with blown head gasket and brand new radiator." Oh, really? "I'll ask $500, but settle for $400 if you haggle me." Thanks for the tip.

What the heck did the owner do? Back into a tree at 25 mph?
Wouldn't surprise me. At least he didn't crash the other way and ruin his new radiator.

All of the above points to someone with an IQ of about 60. You can find stupid stuff all over CL (I saw one for a Rot Iron Headboard the other day).

You should start clicking the "best of craigslist" link on these Nick!

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I wouldn't give him $250 for it, and I actually like wagons.

He'll probably get the most by sending it to the wrecker.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
I guess someone couldnt control the reverse doughnuts??:lol2:

'minimal rust' HAHAHAHAHAHAA you live in one of the most rust prone states with the harsh winters. "ONLY problem"....... only as in sole......sole as in ONE problem, learn the english language;).

Just like Nick these posters kill me. I've looked at so many cars that "run great", "have no issues", "look great", and the like that when I go to see them they have a miss or run like ****, have peices falling off(or rusting off), and look like they were the winners of the demolition derby. I've called people out when going to look at mis-advertised cars and told them how horrible their "perfect" car really is. No shame to my game when you waste my time....... :rolleyes2:

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
Y'all are so unfair. With the prices Mainiacs get for planters, this is a steal and you can move it around the yard under its own power - no wheelbarrow needed.:lol2:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like your idea best Major!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts