SUV lights headlight harness & silverstar ultras
tint the windows

or

switch to a gen 2 taurus front clip and buy a carbon fiber hood from SHo source

Voilla, wasted $500 for ya!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Buy a decent CD player and some new speakers. You don't necessarily have to spend the entire 500 on the stereo to get good sound. Other than that for your car, I'd just save it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
buy 1 or 2 subs new stero and an amp. go with 12's for the subs. i would price stero subs and an amp at one of your local stores. possibly deal with the guy try to get the price down since you are buying more then one item and try for maybe some free stuff. tell him you will send customers his way. lol that works most of the time.

also if you want a louder exhaust cut it open take the baffeling out and weld the peice u cut out back on. if your car is older and the exhaust looks like its going to wave bye to you soon take a drill and put a few holes in the muffler. trust me my car has holes in the muffler and down the exhaust. it gets old after a while....i always thought that rice burners were cool but if you drive empty highways most of the time you will want it quiet. thats why you should go with a stero system cause you can turn that on or off anytime u want. and the ladies like the bass too....:p

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
ok ok ok, if it were me....

eibachs, udp, exhaust

eibachs for handling, pretty cheap at around $250 i think, shosource.com sells them

not sure where to get the udp anymore, post in the "wanted" section. maybe 100? + 30 for belt??

so theres $380.

i just cut the muffler off on my 95 vulcan and replaced it with pipe, pretty loud for a taurus, definately would not do it again, maybe with a resonator tip, but just go buy a super 44 like you said or some kind of muffler, and clamp it on, or pay to have it welded on, its a 6cyl, the exhaust will never really sound that good, IMO IMO IMO IMO!!!!!! OK!!!!

and flush your trans fluid with the leftovers!

-bobby

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
if you owe anything on the car, pay it off. if you dont, put at least some of the money away for repairs. your car is 13 years old. its gonna break down. youd best be prepared.

change the oil with Royal Purple and a PureOne filter. install a K&N filter and remove the intake resonator.

KYB struts and Eibach springs wouldnt be a bad idea either. nor would a brake kit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I guess if it were me I would make sure all the maintinence is caught up. All that little stuff that people never seem to get around to doing. A good tranny flush is a must. Your Sable will thank you. Maybe take it to a detailing place and get it all cleaned up. Shampoo the carpets and seats, make it look like new again. Like the others have said, tinting the windows is always good. Gen 2's look great with tinted windows.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I guess if it were me I would make sure all the maintinence is caught up. All that little stuff that people never seem to get around to doing. A good tranny flush is a must. Your Sable will thank you. Maybe take it to a detailing place and get it all cleaned up. Shampoo the carpets and seats, make it look like new again. Like the others have said, tinting the windows is always good. Gen 2's look great with tinted windows.

Dave
[/b]

:werd:

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
i would say the tint, and start saving for rims. rims make a car.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
$500 can get you a nice set of SHO wheels (16") and some tires. Maybe you will have some left over for some swaybar upgrades.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
i would say the tint, and start saving for rims. rims make a car.
[/b]

I second and third that. Tint for sure and then take what is left and start looking for a set of wheels, such as an upgraded stock wheel. I am not sure what is out there for a '95 Sable, but I am sure there is something better than the wheels you currently have.

Now with all that said though, you really shouldn't discount the other advise you were given. Taking care of the maintenance is alway one of the best investments you can make. It doesn't matter how good or different your car looks when it is on the side of the road.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
$500 isn't much for an old car. You didn't mention what stage of maintenance it's at. You could change the spark plugs, the wires, do the front/rear brakes, get new tires if current tires are less than 3/16ths. Change the fuel filter, flush the tranny, flush the radiator, get new struts/springs, put in some new headlight bulbs like silverstars, get it washed and wax, you can easily spend $500 just on that.

One thing that people will tell you is not to invest money in a depreciating asset. When you do that, it's known as divesting, not investing. You're pretty close to being fully depreciated on car that's 13 years old.

·
Registered
799 Posts
1) $3.00 for a gallon of gas
2) Free book of matches from gas station

3) Take the leftover $497 and use it as a downpayment on a newer car

21 - 40 of 40 Posts