Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:huh:I have a 2006 taurus with a vulcan. My car lacks power Yesterday I in stalled new plugs, motorcraft dbl. platinum and new plug wires also. I scanned for codes and got P0300,P0171,P0174,P2197,and P2195. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Well all of those codes are telling you the car is running severely lean. Considering it's only 5 years old, I would start by checking fuel pressure.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well all of those codes are telling you the car is running severely lean. Considering it's only 5 years old, I would start by checking fuel pressure.
Thanks for the reply WJC I was thinking maybe the fuel pressure regulator. Is there anyway to test it before I shell out money to replace it?

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Yor car has a returnless fuel system with an electronic fuel press sensor on the rail. You can use a scan tool to read the fuel press PID which should be very close to 39 psi under all conditions. IF press is 39 psi either fuel press isnt the problem or the sensor is incorrectly reporting pressure to the PCM.

You could also have a MAF problem or a serious vac leak that effects both cyl banks. Thats where I would start. Look for broken / disconnected vac hoses (especially PCV system), etc, and maybe try cleaning the MAF. One way to check MAF operation is to use a scan tool and check the BARO PID. The car doesnt have a BARO sensor, but the PCM calculates the BARO pressure based on MAF and other readings. BARO reading should read either about 29.5" pressure (atmospheric pressure) or 158 to 159 Hz if the MAF is OK.

Reactions: machineop

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply Jeff, and I did some research and your right no FPR , I'LL take your advice and check out these systems.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Fuel pressure is a good start. I would also look for vacuum leaks. Any chance you did some other work and knocked off a vacuum hose or damaged one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts