Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Obviously, more surface area will produce better bass, but you won't fit 6.5s in the Taurus without cutting metal. I have 5.25s front and rear in mine with the MACH RCU, I don't have a CD changer or aux-out, and given the lack of quality radio broadcasts in this area, I cannot accurately comment on how well they perform, yet.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Obviously, more surface area will produce better bass, but you won't fit 6.5s in the Taurus without cutting metal. I have 5.25s front and rear in mine with the MACH RCU, I don't have a CD changer or aux-out, and given the lack of quality radio broadcasts in this area, I cannot accurately comment on how well they perform, yet.
Well couldn't you fit the 6.5 in the rear deck without cutting metal?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well couldn't you fit the 6.5 in the rear deck without cutting metal?
nope not even the 6x9 cut out will fit one unless you got stock 6.5's they are 1/2 inch to big . this is why i suggest going with 5.25 components and a adaptor plate. i seen many screwed up cars cause some one thinks 6.5's are better. of course there bigger surface area they could be 15 watts each and spl of 20 and and they do not get loud or 500 watts and 100 spl and get loud. the higher the spl the louder they get this is were if you mix and match they sound like crap. unless they are of the same wattage and spl like i said it's another suggestion. just like the non harsh tweeters being silk do not get me wrong it is only a suggestion but i just find plastic like Mylar or metal like aluminum and titanium to harsh because of the high pitch when setting them is more harmful then that of silk. bass does not make you go def it air pressure higher tones are more dangerous then lower to the ears. if you need a listing stuff like cdt cadence and phoenix gold rsd component have silk in there tweets and that is the lowest i would go. stuff like Polk sr may have silk just depend on year made i just find a good head unit is more value-able then that of a non adjust able one stuff like eq in 3 band and more personally i would stay away from any thing less then a 3 band and any thing more for any one that is not good at setting eq's all a three band is is bass , mid bass , treble. and it set at plus or minus some thing like 10 or 8 etc... usually i set my bass at 4 mid bass at 3 and treble at 4 they have to be with in 3 of each other so it can not be -7 and +3 and +7 set at. all the rest is the level of the head unit adjustments like aux level can be adjusted so can out put of the amp it's self inside the hu. so this is why i pick a good head unit but ya good sound quality can be achieved with 5.25 same with 6.5's same with a good oem head unit. but like i said for the Taurus i do not suggest putting a 6.5 into a 6x8 opening. also mixing and not matching spl of speakers. also please do use this as just a guide but not as the exact way to set a head unit. some people are different a real time analyzer looks for a flat signal at plus minus 0 when being judged it is the4 closest to zero according to the rta but the rta can be wrong sound quality is not flat get it. that why i do not believe in competing for sq. total bull but like i said it happens if you need more help feel free to ask lot of question i am always around here and there.

·
Registered
367 Posts
6.5's will fit in the 6x8 openings with a MDF adapter.........

·
Registered
587 Posts
6.5's will fit in the 6x8 openings with a MDF adapter.........

if talking the rears yes it will. fronts no barely any room for the excursion of mine with a piece of 1/4 inch and the speaker mine were tapping the door pad on the door.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mine fit fine when I had 6.5" PG RSD's, and I used 1/2 MDF.

·
Registered
587 Posts
like i said mine did not fit with 3/4 i ended out using 1/4 inch temper board. they also sell it down to i think 1/8 inch temper board at lowes. these do not have what you need to rasie it off the metal pannel. half inch may work but they just do not sell it around me. you got to special order it keep that in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts