Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
helo u i was doing a run in my car and , one Nissan Maxina 2001 . We done a 40 kmh run raice . after we have lanshed the car the taurus 2000 got the first 0-80 kmh ahed of the max then it passed ner me like ... vrrrooooommm ....and the diferant is 100 m . the thing is the 4speed automatic dont help in that ...so...what is a Axod AX4N 4speed automatic.....what is that? ......can it helps ...

J

·
0 Posts
The AX4N is a 4 speed auto that is only in Gen 3 Tauruses IIRC. AFAIK it is the "best" gen 3 tranny. I don't think it would help you in your Gen 4 though. The Gen 4's have the best tranny of any Taurus (other than MTX SHO's) IMO. You may want to look into getting a shift kit or a performance ship. With these you can firm up shifts and change shift points to get better transmission performance.

*edit* - correction - I think the AX4N may have been in Gen 4's for a while, can somebody clarify this?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
j, do you have an ax4n in your car? what does your transmission pan say on the bottom?
mine says "AXOD METRIC" I have no clue what trans I have, and i wish to get a shift kit in mine. There is too much confusion about the g4s having either the ax4n or the ax4s. help!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes@Feb 26 2004, 03:42 PM
There is too much confusion about the g4s having either the ax4n or the ax4s. help!
It might be different on a GenIV, but on the GenIII's there is a sticker on the inside door panel of the drivers door. There should be a section marked "TR", probably for "Transmission". If there is a letter X marked underneath, it's an AX4N. Remember, this is for a GenIII, so it might not be the same for your car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
no joke ROFL :roflmao:

·
Registered
113 Posts
My Gen4, 2000 SEL has an AX4N tranny in it.....

My car was shipped on 12-23-99 From Atlanta to Philly dealer. I'm the second owner but the original window sticker was in with the owners manual.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes@Feb 26 2004, 03:42 PM
j, do you have an ax4n in your car?  what does your transmission pan say on the bottom?
mine says "AXOD METRIC"  I have no clue what trans I have, and i wish to get a shift kit in mine.  There is too much confusion about the g4s having either the ax4n or the ax4s.  help!
I have whatever the one is with a bunch of letters and numbers, I don't remember what they are, but somebody I'm sure knows it. I remember when I had it jacked up once I was looking at the bottom of the pan and looked for AX something and couldn't find it and it was because I don't have an AX lol.

I'm gonna lookup what tranny I have, now it's bugging me, lol. I just know it's not an "AX"

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by qaz-@Feb 27 2004, 09:31 PM
:jawdrop: What?!?! The gen 4 went back to ax4s?!?! WHY?!?!?!
no, no that didn't happen, lol - I know that much for sure.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Feb 27 2004, 11:23 PM
4F50N is what I have in my 2001 SEL and it says AX4N on the tranny pan.
That's the numbers I was looking for! Thanks!
So that 4F50N is an AX4N?? or is the 4F50N something else.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Maybe English is not that guy's first language. Then I can cut him some slack. (Although Spell Check would have *still* been his friend.

Otherwise, I'd say stay in school, and stay straight, in school Mr. Specoli.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts