Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
if my boss remembers to bring his camera to work this morning i will be posting the pictures later today when i get a break. i work in parts at a ford dealership so it is kind of hectec. but be on the lookout!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
QUOTE (4.6 BULL @ Sep 2 2009, 09:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750573
if my boss remembers to bring his camera to work this morning i will be posting the pictures later today when i get a break. i work in parts at a ford dealership so it is kind of hectec. but be on the lookout![/b]
I know what ya mean, i work for in a parts dept, also. volvo for me, tho, so its not as busy as you folks are.

i'll be waiting! :mj_banana:

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
QUOTE (SNOOPY2003TAURUS @ Sep 2 2009, 09:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750575
QUOTE (4.6 BULL @ Sep 2 2009, 09:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750573
if my boss remembers to bring his camera to work this morning i will be posting the pictures later today when i get a break. i work in parts at a ford dealership so it is kind of hectec. but be on the lookout![/b]
I know what ya mean, i work for in a parts dept, also. volvo for me, tho, so its not as busy as you folks are.

i'll be waiting! :mj_banana:
[/b][/quote]

I work in sales for a Kia dealer.... so I'll just be sitting around waiting.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
:unsure: Are there pictures up?

:( Guess your boss didn't have his camera handy. Depending on where you live, 4.6 Bull, there's probably a TCCA member around who would be more than happy to drive out and take pics/video and see the car in person. Hell, if you live anywhere within ~200 miles of Chicago, I'd be thrilled to do it! :wub: I really want to hear an Intech-powered Taurus purr.

Waiting hopefully...

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Geez...give him a chance. We don't need to crucify him a day after he said he'd get pictures. :glare:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
While we wait, I'll just to oogle the engine bay of a Lincoln Continental and think naughty thoughts.

:boink:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
So i remember reading the oodles of pages of the last 4.6 swap attempt and would really love to see it completed. I'm not naysaying yet and cant wait for pictures.

So in the mean time.... :lurk:

-Mike

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (chrism3784 @ Sep 3 2009, 11:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750977
Would it be faster then a gen3 sho, or even a gen1 sho for that matter?[/b]
I would think so...the Intech puts out 275hp @5750 and 275 lb-ft @4750. The Continental was fairly peppy to begin witn, and then you're putting that engine in a car that'll end up being about 400 lbs lighter. Even a Duratec Taurus isn't miles slower than an SHO (especially a stock Gen 3), and then you're tacking on another 74 horses - and I'm sure you can tune more out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
21 - 40 of 138 Posts