Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 taurus, and one of my cluster lights burnt out. I was wondering what the bulb # is, and how many bulbs are in the cluster that illuminate it?

thanks
adam

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I think there are 5 194 size bulbs for the general illumination. For the individual warning lights the bulb is an itty bitty one.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
meee tooo. the cruise light bulb is out. I guess it a pain to remove the cluster, cause I have to remove the radio too. I dont have that u clips.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
On my '97 it's two screws for the cluster trim, then 4 screws for the actual cluster. I can get it out in under 10 minutes easy. With the non-cabled speedo it is a breeze.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
hi,
97 should be same as the 96. the pain is I have to remove the stock audio, to remove those panels....
pry out the head light switch panel & the cover over the steering column.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
On my '97 there are two screws that attach the top of the IC trim bezel. Remove these and the pull sharply, the bottom is held in by clips.

Then the IC panel is sitting there with just 4 screws to take out.

Looking at the directions on the Ford CD it does say to take all that out. But I found that only the trim in front of the panel and the actual IC panel need to be removed.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait.....I have a 97 with a column shifter. Is it that easy? just the two screws on the top, and pull up?

thanks
adam

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I do have the floor shifter but do not know what would be different. You may have to put the gear selector in 1st.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts