Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin for a set of gen 3 se sport (i think) wheel covers for my moms wagon her birthday is comeing up and i am sick of getting the same thing for her every year ( she has a large chicken collection).. anyway just wondering if anybodys got some they are willing to give up for relatively cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Acces...A1%7C240%3A1318
like this only less expensive lol

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
you can usually get a full set of aftermarket hubcaps at a parts store for under$40. To be honest, the aftermarket ones hold on better than the originals because they use metal clips. The oem ones use plastic clips that become extremely brittle in the winter.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she wants to stay factory and i like the chrome gen 3 caps plus i put a hubcap off my moms old sable on my bronco and almost coulnt get it back off again

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
oh, ok. Just make sure you keep them inside for a while before you try to put them on. I had a set of hubcaps (OEM ones) I got for a friend who was only missing one. I broke 2 of them before I got one on the wheel, because the plastic was so cold that the taps were just snapping to pieces.

·
Registered
512 Posts
i never had a problem with my oem ones i have to really pry on them to get them off. i have the sport package chrome wheel covers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts