Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
QUOTE (Firespirit @ Mar 30 2009, 04:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713705
What does "scheduled to expire" mean?[/b]
schedule to expire = scheduled to be destroyed by owner :lol2:

Didn't know our engines had expiration dates. As long as they're running I guess they've haven't expired yet.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Film the run and put it up on the 'net.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
358k on an 03 that's ~5k a month... By May 2nd he should be looking at about 365K... Hey, he's spent a lot of hours in that car! If 50 miles = hour he's spent at least 7,000 hours in the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Rude Dog...it is far from a race car. It has been used as a "Pace Car" on many occasions. Maybe at trip to Nebraska from Houston is in order. Pickup Highway 81 North from Dallas. I think it's four-lane all the way to Junction Motor Speedway. The finest and newest dirt track on the plains is only 4.5 miles south of the York, NE/Interstate 80 interchange. NASCAR sanctioned every Saturday night at 7:00PM-April 18th -season opener. Never know who may show up to race at JMS...Kenny Schrader turned some laps in his Modified there three weeks ago.

Let me know if you can make it..I'll bring those 350,000 mile spark plugs along for you to inspect!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Highway Rider @ Apr 3 2009, 09:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715049
At 20-30 MPH,
How long will it run without oil and water/coolant? :([/b]
What are you doing !?!?! Your car is 8 years old. I'd run that engine till it blows a hole through the block or something. Then get a plaque from Ford to hang on your wall, cause I doubt they anticipated a 3.0 DOHC lasting that long.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another plaque on the wall doesn't captivate my interest. However...should FoMoCo have a New Duratec shipped to my address in exchange for the existing high-mile power plant, that would certanly garner my attention! Maybe someone from Ford monitors discussions on www.TaurusClub.com ???. If the new motor arrives prior to April 10th, then I suppose I could halt the May 2nd destruction of the engine. Either way, viewers can count on some interesting video camera coverage!

Speed Secrets iVision

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
QUOTE (Highway Rider @ Apr 4 2009, 06:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715251
Another plaque on the wall doesn't captivate my interest. However...should FoMoCo have a New Duratec shipped to my address in exchange for the existing high-mile power plant, that would certanly garner my attention! Maybe someone from Ford monitors discussions on www.TaurusClub.com ???. If the new motor arrives prior to April 10th, then I suppose I could halt the May 2nd destruction of the engine. Either way, viewers can count on some interesting video camera coverage!

Speed Secrets iVision[/b]
I wouldn't think Ford would really care, many modern vehicles can last that long. Why are you "destroying" the engine? It's not a lame horse.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
April 10th deadline has come and gone. Donor car arrived today for heart and suspension transplant.
We are a go for May 2nd launch of the Duratec.
Where: Junction Motor Speedway-McCool Junction, Nebraska.

Television and Radio Personalities will drive it 'til it won't go any more!

If you're looking for quality recycled Ford Taurus parts, I must suggest Olston's Auto Recylers in Lincoln, Nebraska.

www.olstons.com

Tell them Speed Secrets iVision sent you!

www.SpeedSecrets.info

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't ban me yet. Some fabrication alterations on this Taurus are about to occur that no one has ever attempted on a Taurus! Not everyone will agree with the alterations however, most will find them interesting and unique to a Taurus!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who: Television & Radio Personalities
What: End of the 2001 Taurus Duratec engine
When: Saturday-May 2nd
Where: Junction Motor Speedway-Nebraska

4:25 pm-Mileage on odometer is 362,389 miles
4:30 pm-Engine oil and coolant drained
5:00 pm-Taurus pushed to the infield of Junction Motor Speedway
8:30 pm-TV and Radio Hosts put on their driving suits and helmets
8:45 pm-They start the engine and stop watch and enter the short track

The Mission:
#1. To see how many minutes the engine will run.
#2. Raise funds for the Rock'n Racers Junior Fan Club.

Condensed instructions to the co-drivers.
1. Don't wreck the car.
2. Keep transmission in low gear.
3. Drive at a speed you're comfortable with.
4. Depress the stop watch when the tachometer settles at zero.
5. Exit the car after the Safety Team deems OK.

Results:
The engine expired (locked up) at 3 minutes and 41 seconds.
The car completed only 4 plus laps on a 1/5 mile dirt oval.
The trip indicator registered slightly more than 8/10ths of a mile.

The SPEED SECRETS Taurus is now in the shop for a bumper to bumper Make-Over.
Target Date for completion: June 30th, 2009

1 - 17 of 17 Posts