Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a question on the basic operation of switchbacks. My 2014 Taurus is configured to use it's amber parking lamps as DRLs (presently traditional 3457AKs).

I want to put in switchbacks for an amber flash on turns, but remains white for DRL and park lamp operation. The DRL functions on the signal filament of the bulb, not the dimmer parking lamp filament. Knowing this, will a switchback still put off white during DRL operation?

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I am not sure of that, but I know the V3 Triton kit will not work if the parking lamps function as DRL's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a question on the basic operation of switchbacks. My 2014 Taurus is configured to use it's amber parking lamps as DRLs (presently traditional 3457AKs).

I want to put in switchbacks for an amber flash on turns, but remains white for DRL and park lamp operation. The DRL functions on the signal filament of the bulb, not the dimmer parking lamp filament. Knowing this, will a switchback still put off white during DRL operation?
We will be designing switchbacks specifically for the new Taurus. We are currently looking for a 2014 Taurus SHO to get in our new facility for testing.

If the turn signals act as a running light, and also the turn signal, then our switchbacks will work. Otherwise, we will need to modify the turn signal wiring to add a dual-filament socket for a switchback bulb.

Feel free to email us for more information: [email protected]

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man. If an SEL would have done and you guys would have been closer, we'd have been talking.

I'll definitely drop you guys a line about a sale in the coming days. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I don't think there's any difference in the lighting of the SEL and the SHO, other than the SHO having HID headlights, but the rest of the lighting is the same.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think there's any difference in the lighting of the SEL and the SHO, other than the SHO having HID headlights, but the rest of the lighting is the same.
Absolutely correct.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts