Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i changed my plugs and wires now it seems to be stuck in 2nd gear slow accel from a stop but fine after 20mph revs to about 3500 at 70 i am stumped i just dont get it.. how could changing the plugs mess up the transmission? maybe i leaned on somthing?? please help!!:( 335,789miles !! motor still running strong 3.0 vulcan !! anyone had this problem??

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
possible leaned on something or unplugged something. does it idle correctly in park? no misses? did you unhook a vac line?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it idles fine in park.. when i first start it up it idles a little high.. maybe 1100 but then after a few seconds drops down to around 750 800 .. no missing , no not that i remember but i was looking at transmission and at the top back towards firewall theres a rubber hose thats not connected to anything ?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
you need to get the codes pulled of the pcm and see what the issue is. i dont know if the flashing is a code read out or a dummy light

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yeah i actualy have had the codes check before.. i just cant remember all the codes there was like 2 about shift solenoids and 1 about torque converter electrical .. i also took it to aamco and they said they said its an electrical problem.. i thought the transmission was electrical.. wierd.. i have been driving it like this for 5months even drove it on a 450mile trip before in second

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
low voltage?? look for a broken ground strap and bad battery connection. anything with alot of build up on the electrical ends will cause problems. also check alt and see what the volt output is

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm you may be right i have had some ground issues.. like a month before this happened i had to make a new ground to my thermostat housing because the old ground location on the side of the fender wall next to battery stopped grounding for some reason.. (wouldnt start just clicked) ... i will have to go check that out thanks..

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I bet you snagged the VSS cable while doing the firewall side plugs. Check it out thoroughly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm well do i need to take off intake plenum again to find it? i went and tried looking for it but am having trouble finding it

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
If Aamco can't fix it, it means they don't really have any good techs at that location and you should find a privately owned transmission shop that does.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright well i went and looked at the vss cable kinda tugged on it a little to make sure its connected seemed like it was, but i was looking around and found another unplugged connector.. its blue -is this a etc connecter? also checked the big D connecter on top of transmission it seems kinda loose like it wont stay clicked in very good.. so i think im going to try changing .. i left it unplugged and it seemed to have no affects seemed the same stuck in 2nd and still shifts to reverse like that? is that normal

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh yeah does anyone know why there is a rubber hose comming out of transmission not connected to anything? i tried blowing in it and it seems to be goinging to the transmission fluid i think

1 - 20 of 31 Posts