Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Ford Mustang. 2005 Harley Deluxe. 2016 Freightliber Cascadia.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it might be awhile due to financial reasons, but this car ticked me off SOOO bad I am SOOO tired of it's crap, the decision was made today, and I aquired the engine, tranny and rearend today for free. The car is going to be converted real wheel drive, and is getting a 302 with a C6 tranny. It's gonna stay a stock 2 barrel for economy reasons until I get rich enough to afford the fuel, but YEHAW. I know it's gonna be ALOT of work, but I've got two people willing to help me out for free. One will do the wleding for basically nothing. YEHAW. Probably be a year or two down the road, but as far as things look right now it'll happen. Then again thanks to relationships and such things with me always and I mean ALWAYS change. Eventually I do plan on dropping a G1 Taurus Body on a 4x4 chassis and hosing it down CAMO style paintjob. That'll be one WICKED bull. Let everyone get out and rip it up with their 4x4 whatevers I'll smoke past them in a Taurus sitting 2 or 3 feet off the ground, and laugh when they bury their 4X4, from rubber necking. Ok anyway enough jabbering. PEACE OUT Y'ALL!!!

Michael

·
Registered
42 Posts
You need less caffine in the morning.

In the late 80's (I was mid teens) there was a drag racing group that toured through my hometown dragstip. Had a crazy name. They were all alcohol race cars. I think there were 8 of them. But one in particular caught my eye and it was friggin' cool!

It was an '88 (or so - 1st Gen) station wagon with a blown and injected alcohol burning big block in it. Slammed with a giant hood scoop on it. It was super cool!!

I wish I had a picture of it.

G

·
Shoot, might as well go all out and get a 351 to fit in there! YEEHAW! LOL. Well good luck, and post a lot of pics. (See you would never be able to get away with that here in Fresno! Damn California!) Unless.... are you going to still run it on the street??

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by tjm73@Apr 15 2004, 09:30 AM
You need less caffine in the morning.

In the late 80's (I was mid teens) there was a drag racing group that toured through my hometown dragstip. Had a crazy name. They were all alcohol race cars. I think there were 8 of them. But one in particular caught my eye and it was friggin' cool!

It was an '88 (or so - 1st Gen) station wagon with a blown and injected alcohol burning big block in it. Slammed with a giant hood scoop on it. It was super cool!!

I wish I had a picture of it.
i think ive seen that car at houston raceway park!! I was like
when i saw it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I'm still planning on running on the street which is why I'm going 2 bbl 302. Well that and fuel economy. Think about it. The 135 horsepower 2.3 I had in there originally got that thing WELL over 120 (I know I blew past a Vette that was doing 120 like he was standing still) think about what a 302 is gonna do even with a 2bbl on it.
OH YEAH BABY!!!! MY TAURUS EATS HONDA'S PUKES NISSANS AND s***S TOYOTA'S!!!

Michael

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Lol, awesome. Can't wait to see it when it's done. But why carburated? I know that's gonna be a whole lot easier to get it to work, but won't EFI improve the power and fuel economy?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welding for basically nothing? Wow, you've got yourself a real good friend there. I wouldn't even weld for my parents. Well, okay, maybe I would, but still, that's awesome. You should learn yourself- good skill to have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Apr 15 2004, 07:53 PM
Lol, awesome. Can't wait to see it when it's done. But why carburated? I know that's gonna be a whole lot easier to get it to work, but won't EFI improve the power and fuel economy?
Carb because it old school man..old school. Please put a 4 barrell
I BEG YOU!!! You wont lsoe that much mpg lol. And good luck.....alot of luck. Its gunna be a long hard words. I'd say....over the corse of 2 yrs. untill it gets done. I am seeing...over 10,000 beers drank....200,000 Cuse words said.....Afew bloody noses....and a broken finger
anyways..good luck!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotta cut the beer back a bit I don't drink beer. I drink whiskey. LMAO. I know it's gonna be bloody, and sweaty and Dirty. When I start making the cash I'll put a 4bbl on it, but for the time being if I'm gonna need that kinda power I'll just install a nitrous system, a small one. LMAO Anyway it is gonna take about two years most likely. Once I get it started the bulk will take just a few months, at worst, it's just a cash and time thing primarily.

Michael

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I jsut did a quick search of his past posts and:

Posted on: Jul 11 2005, 10:56 PM

Well I am still around. I just don't have a bull anymore. I had it up for sale and she got stolen.

So I am guessing no. :lol2:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Funny post....

I did know a guy who converted a Topaz to RWD and a 302.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was really tired last night. Anyway, I might do this just to get it done and maybe even make a kit of some kind to aid in the process strictly for off road use due to liability. But in the next couple of months look for an update on this. Chris

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
from phenolic to massive body reconstruction group buys eh? there wouldn't be a simple "kit" here.... have a look under your car and check out all the stuff you would have to cut and move and fabricate... good luck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know it wouldnt be simple and each car would probably be alittle different. Im gonna use my mercedes as a parcial reference as they are almost the same size. Anyway anything to help out with perfomance mods as im trying to start my own performance shop and I need a beginning project to actually make some kind of name for myself and what better way than with a project for the taurus. ALso, as a side note, ill do a writeup on my 4 cylinder to 302 V8 mercedes project. Its already got a 327:1 gear ratio so its on its way. Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.