Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Cow. What's going on? This car is amazing. The original 3.8l engine has got 124,000 and has been alive for almost 13 years and has nothing done to it other than the routine oil change. It's a miracle!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by slider5634@Feb 1 2004, 02:34 PM
Holy Cow. What's going on? This car is amazing. The original 3.8l engine has got 124,000 and has been alive for almost 13 years and has nothing done to it other than the routine oil change. It's a miracle!!!
You know now that you've posted this the head gasket will blow.....

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not funny. I don't have enough money for that to happen.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe my engine was just "Built Ford Tough." I won't accept that it's gonna just die on me. Besides there should be some symptoms first, right?

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Chamces are, by the time you notice any symptoms - i.e. engine temps wildly fluctuating, puffy clouds of white exhaust smoke - the damage will be already done. I had my head gaskets blow not three months after I bought my car - had 145k miles on it then, now I'm looking at 172k miles. It will happen eventually.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eeek. Did you say wildly fluctuating engine temp? I thought that was the gauge goin nuts becuase of the deep freeze outside!

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Since December of '99 when I had the head gasket replaced, I have yet to see the temp guage go above the "A" in "NORMAL." Back when it happened, i had actually lent the car to my mom for the morning, she came back and said the temp guage needle was going up and down

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Feb 1 2004, 01:49 PM-->QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Feb 1 2004, 01:49 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-slider5634
@Feb 1 2004, 02:34 PM
[/b]
He's right, you know. Shoulda been quiet.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by spridget+Feb 2 2004, 10:50 PM-->QUOTE (spridget @ Feb 2 2004, 10:50 PM)
Originally posted by Bob [email protected] 1 2004, 01:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-slider5634
@Feb 1 2004, 02:34 PM

He's right, you know. Shoulda been quiet.
[/b]
I just had to get in on the fun!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think my temp guage is just a little funky from the cold. It only does it when it's super cold outside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts