Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that BBK valve covers will work for 94-95 3.8L engines.. Maybe for older 3.8's too if the breathe tube is modified..

The 94-95 taurus 3.8 uses the same part numbers for valve covers that the 3.8 mustangs do..

Aren't they pretty?? You can also get them in chrome!

I'm thinking of getting these in chrome, and then chrome plating the upper intake after I port it!

Wouldn't that be cool?

Jeramie

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
:eek: Damn. Those look killer, Jeramie. Very nice... now all you'll need is a chrome air cleaner sitting on top of your Holley double-pumper. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, the silver ones are a bit cheaper.. Maybe I'll just polish the "3.8" part of the intake and have the rest of it powdercoated silver like the valve covers..

Jeramie

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
nice
how much $?
now if they would make new intakes and heads

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I saw some nice 3.8Ls at the V6 Challenge. It *ALMOST* made me want my Essex again since there is some aftermarket for it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Jul 24 2004, 08:30 AM
I saw some nice 3.8Ls at the V6 Challenge. It *ALMOST* made me want my Essex again since there is some aftermarket for it.
When you see how much the aftermarket costs, you'll go back to not missing it. :)

3 grand for 40hp is not what I consider a bargain. Ack.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
BBK makes decent stuff too, they arent a hack company. I have headers of theirs in my closet waiting to be thrown on. The chrome is shiny. B)

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3 grand for 40hp is not what I consider a bargain. Ack.
Actually I think you are thinking of the SHO there..

Hater... :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts