Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, go ahead, have a laugh... I managed to somehow lose the oil dipstick on this beautiful 1993 Taurus LX which has only 49K on it and comes from an older relative whom I adored and recently passed away.

How did I do something so boneheaded? Wish I knew! I guess it must have happened the last time I checked the oil... I probably set the stick off to the side while checking something else and forgot all about it. Anyway, the car behaves fine, no lights coming on, no overheating but I obviously need to put in a new dipstick ASAP.

Problem, is.. many hours of online searching for the correct part number yielded absolutely nothing. Ditto for the actual length of the dipstick (apparently there are "universal oil dipstick" models so I thought that might be an option.)

Can anyone help? Also, any good/recommended online source for ordering parts for my Taurus?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Get one at the junk yard.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Maybe someone who has the same engine that you have can measure there oil dipstick and let you know the length so that you can customize a universal dipstick to fit your engine. I would but I have a 3.0 vulcan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe someone who has the same engine that you have can measure there oil dipstick and let you know the length so that you can customize a universal dipstick to fit your engine. I would but I have a 3.0 vulcan.
Thanks, yes, that's what I was hoping for.

Or perhaps pull the dipstick and see if there's a part number.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^+1 with Jeff, pick n pull self service salvage yard.
Already checked... no yard within reasonable driving distance has it.

I have learned that the "general part number" (6750 in this case) is not enough as Ford supposedly stamps these with specific part numbers. For example, 1S7Z6750AA fits only a certain block, etc.

ANYONE with a 3.8L (Taurus gen 2 if I'm not mistaken) on this forum willing to pull the dipstick and do a quick read to help me out?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
In the Ford Parts Link I posted above, the 3.8L dipstick is shown in the engine block oil pan view & is listed as PN 6750, for 3.8L engines before 12-10-93 & is listed for $10.19.

Buy 1994 Ford Taurus Parts | FordParts.com

Edit: Additional info.
The stamped in Ford PN on my 94 3.8L dipstick, is F4DE-6750-AA, the vehicle was made in Dec 93.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts