Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a car with a 3.8 with 83k miles on it. The car has had the raditator replaced (makes me wonder) but thats a different story. Anyways I am going to change the head gaskets before I swap the engine into my 3.0l car. Can someone give me some tips or information on changing the head gaskets? Torque specs and what not or where to find them? I am going to pull the engine since it is going into my 3.0 car so space is not an issue. Any information is helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Tried to email you some info, but it came back undelivered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I puchased a 95' and the 3.8 gaskets sucked on it too. The rear gasket was changed at 45,000 and now it's going again everyone here is telling me to use a Fel-Pro gasket and I even heard that some where using the supercoupes gaskets.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Originally posted by cudaman84@Feb 3 2004, 09:55 AM
I even heard that some where using the supercoupes gaskets.
They're not the same gaskets and the holes for the coolant flow are in different positions. If I recall correctly that'll only cause you to overheat your engine.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
best way to save you a headache from having to do them again after they blow is invest in a set of copper gaskets...much stronger and will last much longer than a stock replacement one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts