Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm replacing the water pump and head gaskets on my 2011 taurus sel 3.5 non-turbo. Got the heads off and haven't had too much luck finding what the torque specs are for the head bolts. Any idea what the sequence is as well? Also the actually head of the bolt just says "SPS" so doesn't give me a good idea of what ball park I'm in. Thank you!

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
That maybe because they are tightened by stretch and not torque. You torque to a pretty low setting and they loosen then tighten to a torque but the final tightening is determined by angle of rotation and not torque. It is called torque to yield and old bolts can not be reused.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I got that. I’ve done head bolts before. Looking to know what the sequence is and what the initial torque is and then after that how far the yield roatation needs to be. 45 degrees? 90 degrees. Any information will help thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found some specs on the 3.5 ecoboost motor. Do those apply to the NA 3.5? Gonna try and put them back on today so might be finding out the hard way whether it's right or wrong lol. Thanks

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts