Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For anyone just looking into this-I've made a condensed version of my rant.
I bought the car and drove it 800 miles, never lost coolant, never leaked anything. Got it flushed, then the heat didnt work, then a few days later it overheated and had no coolant. Filled it up and it dumped out from in between the transmission and block underneath, from a crack in the block inside the bell housing. Not sure what this black rubber piece is, but i could move it around and thats where it leaked out of. Tranny is on the left, block on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would cancel the warranty and use the refund to get it back. It's pretty sad that the dealer won't do anything either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For anyone just looking into this-I've made a condensed version of my rant.
I bought the car and drove it 800 miles, never lost coolant, never leaked anything. Got it flushed, then the heat didnt work, then a few days later it overheated and had no coolant. Filled it up and it dumped out from in between the transmission and block underneath, from a crack in the block inside the bell housing. Not sure what this black rubber piece is, but i could move it around and thats where it leaked out of. Tranny is on the left, block on the right.
Did you buy it from a dealer that had a warranty on it for the first 1000 miles? Many do. That may be why your aftermarket warranty doesn't kick in until 1000 miles.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts