Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I've done the math, and there's roughly 640mi on the engine I didn't put there. So all damage done is in the last few hundred miles.

I yanked most of the intake off today, and pulled the 4 front plugs. The plugs (Bosch IR Fusion) are cooked. I know for a fact that they weren't when I last drove the car because I pulled 2 out on a weekly basis to see how they were holding up in general and with the N2O. They were looking fine last I saw them. Now they look like a torch has been taken to them. I'll post a picture once I get some.

After I got the front plugs out, I got all of the upper intake except the big box part in the back removed. There's a ton of oil pooled back in there, which seems odd. I can understand a little, but there's probably about a pint or so in there.

I poured about a tablespoon of oil in the front 4 cylinders and filled the rest up with Mercon V. It's going to sit over night for now. Hopefully that will do something.

I probed around in one of the cylinders through the spark plug hole with a screwdriver lightly and pulled out a lot of burnt gunk of some sort prior to filling them.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Engine broke free today :)

Leaving Mercon V and oil sitting in it for 2 weeks, then blowing it dry with some N2O seems to have done some good. I'm still going to have to go further in to see what's actually going on.

Also, thanks to whoever recommended checking for stuck accessories. Alternator is seized as well. Cut the belt and then it was even better.

·
Registered
180 Posts
QUOTE (jmoschetti45 @ Jul 31 2009, 06:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=743386
Update: Engine broke free today :)

Leaving Mercon V and oil sitting in it for 2 weeks, then blowing it dry with some N2O seems to have done some good. I'm still going to have to go further in to see what's actually going on.

Also, thanks to whoever recommended checking for stuck accessories. Alternator is seized as well. Cut the belt and then it was even better.[/b]
That would be me. Glad the motor is free'd up. You still need to find out why the motor seized up in the first place.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. Going to be a while though, lot's of bolts are refusing to come out easily.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I managed to fire the motor up today, after finally getting it all back together. There's still many other issues rendering the car undrivable, but the motor runs for the most part.

I couldn't see anything in the motor that looked like it was ground up/missing, so hopefully the metal in the oil was just in the dirty bucket I used.

It started up after 4 or 5 turns, which wasn't bad. Now, I know there's tons (probably 2-5qt) of oil in my exhaust from putting it in the cylinders to break it free, and oil all over the motor. After a minute or two of running, I had fumed myself out of the garage. Pics attached for entertainment purposes.

Now, besides the fact that my car and everything else reaks of burnt oil, how am I going to be able to tell if I'm burning oil or its just what's in the exhaust? It's gotten much better after a couple of mintues of running and letting it warm up to normal temps,but still smokes a bit, especially at anything more than idle.

The motor sounds and feels great though, nothing out of the ordinary at all.

Still have to change the inner tie rods, figure out what I'm doing with the damaged rim/tire, and fix a brake line that just blew in the back left.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've let it run for a while now, and no real changes. I do have some new info though, but I'm going to start another thread on it.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Yousers :eek: :blink: :eek:

When I started, my new short block it smoked a bit but nothing like that death fog.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts