Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
There is no difference in the Taurus or Ranger heads IIRC. Lift is controlled by the camshaft, which is in the block.

·
Registered
671 Posts
just wondering if i could use the 3.0L ranger heads on my 2000 taurus 3.0L block..? would it fit in my engine bay...? if they fit what kind of lift could i get with them.? or performance?
You could get added lift and therefore performance out of increased ratio roller rockers. The only difference between the ranger vulcan and ours is the bolt pattern for the RWD tranny, and the coolant flow.

·
Registered
374 Posts
lol... i ment to fit the lower intake.
You may want to contact Tom Morana about that. The one he offers is a Ranger intake manifold, which has the thermostat and heater hose connections at the front. The Taurus moves this stuff to the rear of the intake manifold due to the accessory brackets.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
You may want to consider going turbo.

You wont need any custom manifolds or brackets. It doesn't need to be rear mounted. Just have an exhaust shop or fabricator locate the turbo and connect the pipes as required.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So funny as my brother and I were talking about designing a turbo setup for my Vulcan taurus. nothing major just 4-5psi to give it a lil grunt. Also curious on the rocker arms

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.