Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing my Bank 1 Head Gasket today and yesterday i bought a fel-pro single head gasket( i had manifold gaskets) at Kragen. I asked for Bank 1 Gasket and when i got home i noticed that it says Up and R2 . The question is are these head gaskets interchangable or do i have the wrong gasket for bank 1???? I tried searching and couldnt find anything. Thanks

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
I'm changing my Bank 1 Head Gasket today and yesterday i bought a fel-pro single head gasket( i had manifold gaskets) at Kragen. I asked for Bank 1 Gasket and when i got home i noticed that it says Up and R2 . The question is are these head gaskets interchangable or do i have the wrong gasket for bank 1???? I tried searching and couldnt find anything. Thanks
Pretty sure the gasket will work on both sides. Do you have the new studs too?

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
but no new studs. Should I???
I meant head bolts in my post, I think that's all you need to change in the way of bolts when you do the head gaskets. Did you get it all apart yet? Was the head warped or cracked? Or just a blown gasket? I would personally change the other bank out and inspect it while you have it tore down, but thats just me. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
The Taurus / Sable (FWD applications) head gaskets are the same for both banks. The head gaskets for the Ranger (RWD Applications) are different. Make sure they did not give you head gaskets for a RWD application.

About halfway in this article describes the differences between the FWD and RWD head gasket applications

Rebuilding The Ford 3.0L V6: Engine Builder

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fixed The problem and passed smog today. It ended up being two cracks in the Bank 1 head, where the exhast valves seat. I ended up just running over to pick and pull and pulled a Bank 2 head from a donor. I think it was $40...Not bad. Everything worked out. Not to mention it passed smog with no issues at all. Thanks everyone for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.