Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys im almost done getting and putting together my 3.0 performance rebuild engine for my ford probe.

here are some pics of the heads and roller rockers

these heads are ported and polished, exhaust ports are 1.4 to 1.5 inches in diameter to increase the flow, intake ports have been gasket matched as well so this heads should outflow a stock head by a lot. On the last pic you can see by ported lower intake manifold as well as the Jason intake i finally got.

The roller rockers are 1.6 ratio due to me using an aftermarket cam that has way too much lift for 1.7 rollers to work.

On the last pic you can see my baby with its new HID headlamps as well as a little part between the headlamps of the boosted 3.0 project

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by Probe_Racer@Jan 27 2004, 06:05 PM
as well as a little part between the headlamps of the boosted 3.0 project
I was wondering if I was seeing that correctly. BTW, those roller rockers are looking nice. Did you get them from Morana?

Don't you think it's a little late to still have Christmas lights up?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0@Jan 27 2004, 06:54 PM
I was wondering if I was seeing that correctly. BTW, those roller rockers are looking nice. Did you get them from Morana?

Don't you think it's a little late to still have Christmas lights up?
yeah those were bought from morana.

the pics of the lights was taken almost 2 months ago.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by Probe_Racer@Jan 27 2004, 07:13 PM
the pics of the lights was taken almost 2 months ago.
That would make sense

Do you have any approximations as to how many HP it's going to be making when the project's done?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to upgrade the sentra?
I had a b13 before the bull also, had some upgrades available but not much.

I like Jason's intake looks good.. i should make one...
Looks sweet, hows the hood clearence with that setup though?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice work!!
I spent over 40hrs doing just my heads by hand before taking them to the flow bench to finish up and mine almost looked that nice when they were done. Obviously you spent a lot of time there. You ought to be over 200HP if you can get the rest of the stuff just as nicely done up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mm i know that sentra has some mods intake, headers, catback exhaust, aftermarket wheels, platinum spark plugs, 9.5 mm spark plug wires, cross drilled brakes oil cooler, you know the basics but it gives me 28-34 mpg

ANYWAYS back to the V6 world.

hood clearance has yet to be determined, but the turbo will be sitting right next to the tranny way down in the engine bay.

im going to be using an aftermarket all aluminum radiator from a civic to keep engine cool (about twice as tick as my stock one and half the length) and also to make space for the turbo. one of those slimline fans or two

the other stuff i will be using before the turbo

mustang throttle body
19lb injectors
high lift camshaft
lightweight rotating assembly (includes UDP and lightened flywheel)
fully balanced engine
ported exhaust manifold
mandrel bend piping
high flow cat converter
aftermarket ignition

thats like the major stuff and i really dont see why not this engine should be pushing close to if not pass 200 hp NA

i will keep you guys posted as promised on another post

B

·
0 Posts
Looking good! Can you give any info out on the cam (Manufacturer, etc), or are you trying to keep it under wraps for now?

Also, did the roller rockers bolt on? Any head work required to get them to work?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cam is an aftermarket one, forgot the specs on it, since it was the cam used on ralphs supercharged 3.0 probe.

the roller rockers did bolt on, no modifications required for them to fit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes, but you won't realize full gains unless you open up the exhaust and intake.

I always dreamt of having a blown Vulcan with a high lift/ wide overlap cam. Something about a family sedan pulling into a hotrod show with a fluctuating idle and a blower whine...

I live my dreams through Pontiac now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
more updates here are some pics of the rebuild engine should be putting it together this weekend and putting it back on the engine bay as well.

CAN'T WAIT to hear it ROAR back to life.

oh yeah specs

lighter weight, fully balanced rotating assembly, hyper pistons, overbore of .75mm, new crome rings ARP bolts for both the mains and the rods, high flow oil pump, aftermarket camshaft (has same profile as stock one, but a higher lift), lightweight underdrive pulley, new timing belt and gears for both the crankshaft and camshaft.

WILL be posting pics of the buildup process.

Oh btw do any of yo guys know if what is the new displacement of my engine since its over bored??
hope you guys like it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I looked over the arcitecture of the 3.0 Vulcan engine once when a friend was tearing one apart. I seem to recall that there were a few things on that engine that made believe they were WAY underdeveloped and should support making a lot more power. Like the horrible neckdown for the tiny throttle body. The ample port volumes. And lastly the page pulled right from drag racing history, notched cylinder walls for valve clearence.

Not to mention that in all my years of hanging around my fathers's Ford dealership, I NEVER saw a 3.0 in for any kind of major service work. My father once said the 3.0 is one of the best engine's Ford has ever produced and he's owned the dealership for 30 years now. Has worked on everything you can think off.

Great little motor. Work be really good in a small street rod.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I forget, us boring over a radius, or daimeter measurement? Well, I'll do it both ways:

.75mm diameter overbore: pi*(.5(3.504+.02953))^2*3.14*6 = 184.75 cu in

.75mm radial overbore: pi*(.5(3.504)+.02953)^2*3.14*6 = 187.85 cu in

hope that helps

1 - 20 of 108 Posts