Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 99 taurus as you know if you have been fallowing my other post so i got a phone call and my father inlaw asked me a question. and he asked me if the 3.0 ohv is the same as the 00 and up i said i do not know but i just took apart a 99 wagon motor top end and it looks like the only thing differant is the plenums i could be wrong i could be right i do not know
00 TAURUS 3.0 OHV

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
99 TAURUS 3.0 OHV

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you use the the intake, fuel delivery, electronics, and accessory drive off your '99 the '00 should be able to be used.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you use the the intake, fuel delivery, electronics, and accessory drive off your '99 the '00 should be able to be used.
sounds like alot of work :D fuel delivery you mean the injectors and rail electronics what do you mean buy that and acceory i guessing you are talking about the bracket i am a little confused sorry i thinking that you are saying yes but some minor stuff needs to be changed

·
Registered
671 Posts
sounds like alot of work :D fuel delivery you mean the injectors and rail electronics what do you mean buy that and acceory i guessing you are talking about the bracket i am a little confused sorry i thinking that you are saying yes but some minor stuff needs to be changed
The block and heads are good. The intake manifold is different, but keep it; it's better. You will need the new exh. manifolds to use the new int. manifold, and you might need the new y-pipe for the new exhaust manifolds, but get confirmation. I think you'll need to use the motor mounts & brackets off the old engine. The fastest, easiest way to do this, would be to drop the subframe out of both cars, and swap the '00 into your '99. You'd need the '00 PCM, but it should be easy enough to change out. Less headaches this way, assuming you can get the tranny out of where the '00 engine would be coming from as well.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The block and heads are good. The intake manifold is different, but keep it; it's better. You will need the new exh. manifolds to use the new int. manifold, and you might need the new y-pipe for the new exhaust manifolds, but get confirmation. I think you'll need to use the motor mounts & brackets off the old engine. The fastest, easiest way to do this, would be to drop the subframe out of both cars, and swap the '00 into your '99. You'd need the '00 PCM, but it should be easy enough to change out. Less headaches this way, assuming you can get the tranny out of where the '00 engine would be coming from as well.

ok thank you :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts