Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive looked everywere but i havent seem to find anything other then the 3.0 pickup trucks. does anyone know? i sent a mail to pacesetter to see if they heard of anything.

·
Registered
671 Posts
ive looked everywere but i havent seem to find anything other then the 3.0 pickup trucks. does anyone know? i sent a mail to pacesetter to see if they heard of anything.
They don't exist. Another member looked into fitting the headers on from a Mazda, but I don't think the math worked. It would be a custom job.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i was wondering that too is 3.0 headers for other motors compatable with the taurus 3.0?

·
Registered
671 Posts
yea i was wondering that too is 3.0 headers for other motors compatible with the taurus 3.0?
No. There would be complications with the location of the EGR tube, and it exits to the y-pipe in different locations. You might be able to get a custom y-pipe if you can find headers for a FWD car, but then you'll need to modify your EGR tube to fit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a long time ago i got a site from a guy off here:
MSDS Shorty Headers Duratec V6
for taurus headers he sent me there. are those taurus headers? ive been wantin to buy em but i dont wanna dish out the $$ to find out they dont fit. i do know tho' for the vulcan V-6 there is a stroker kit but nothin for the Duratec.

·
Registered
374 Posts
a long time ago i got a site from a guy off here:
MSDS Shorty Headers Duratec V6
for taurus headers he sent me there. are those taurus headers? ive been wantin to buy em but i dont wanna dish out the $$ to find out they dont fit. i do know tho' for the vulcan V-6 there is a stroker kit but nothin for the Duratec.
Those are for the 2.5L Duratec V-6 found in the Mercury Cougar and Ford Contour.

- Will they bolt up to the heads?
Without a doubt, yes.

- What I know about the MSDS headers on the 3.0.. in the Mazda6, which had the variable valve timing heads, the MSDS headers required some modifications to the headers to make them fit and clear. I would expect the same story on the Taurus considering it's a different platform.

- Hate to do it, but a heavy dose of reality, if the headers aren't manufactured, how do you think you can get any company to produce you a set of headers on the cheap? The amount of money spent in tooling alone... then add the fact the market for these headers is pretty much non-existent. I'll give you a prime example, Custom Performance Engineering threw caution to the wind and worked with Kooks Headers to tool together a set of headers for the 3.0L Duratec in the Mazda6.

Beautiful aren't they? How much do you think they are? $400? $600? $900? None of the above. Headers with matching y-pipe, today, cost $1,483.97 + S&H and they are still losing money at that price. They have only sold a few. However when they first announced they were producing them, they had over 120 people committing to orders, even after they announced the base price, but when it came to brass tacks, for people to lay down that kind of cash, pretty much everyone had some kind of excuse.

·
Registered
374 Posts
so you'r kinda sayin it wouldnt be worth it to buy the MSDS headers?
Actually just the opposite. $250 for a set of new MSDS headers is a great price, I am 99.9% certain the y-pipe that is usually sold with it (At a price point of $500+) will be only worth scrap metal to us Taurus owners. So finding a website like Nautilus that will sell just the headers is great.

I am doing the same for my Vulcan, going to buy the eBay Ranger headers (They are cheap copies of JBAs that are actually better than JBAs..) and make them work for the Taurus platform.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so go ahead an buy them ok. yea the y pipe it comes with is actually more then the headers themselves which got me kinda confused.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
estimate how long you guys think it would take me to bolt these up? "wishes it would only be bolt on an no custom welding or cutting"

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It is not a bolt on affair it will take a good amount of cutting and welding.

We could always produce them if there was enough interest.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts