Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks again to Bryan King for setting up another group buy on aluminum, cup style subframe bushings! Here's the info:

Group Buy #2 For Aluminum Subframe Bushings!

Looking to get 11 people interested in this group buy before it goes down. Last one was successful and I allready have more people interested in another group buy. Machine shop was allready called and told to order the stock needed so that they will have it on hand. As soon as 11 people are paid, I will give the go ahead to have them made. As soon as they are done, they will ship right out to the people that have paid.

This offer has been extended to SHOforum, TCCA as well as V8SHO.com, so I expect 11 spots to go fast. Email or PM me with your zip code to get a shipping quote. Perfered method of payment is [email protected] [email protected]

Cost for one set of bushings is $70.00, and for the people that don't allready know, yes this is enough to do your entire subframe front and rear. The bushings are clearly marked with a F for front and R for rear. The cup portion goes between your subframe and unibody, while the male portion goes through the hole in the subframe. You will need a small dremel/sandpaper to clean out the hole before putting the bushings in. They are a tight fit and designed to be that way. You can use a small hammer/rubber mallett ect. to help them up through the hole. Any questions please email or PM me.

Note: I frequent SHOforum.com so your best way to get ahold of me is email or

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Umm stupid question what do these things do for me?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
the subframe that the suspension and engine is mounted on is connected to the unibody through these bushings. Going from the stock rubber to AL will stiffen up the handling seriously. Well worth the price.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
/me raises his hand and jumps in the air.

I want one, I want one!

Seriously, I'm in. As long as there are still some left. Let me know. I'm going to e-mail brian.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bob, Thanks again for the AD!

Silvapain, I don't know how long I will be doing this for. Supply and demand is getting smaller as I have allready sold way over 100 sets as of todays date.

Todays Update:

Eric Wieland
Erik Tremblay
Bob Gervais
Bob Gervais

7 sets to go!

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Bryan,

Could I send in a deposit, or will you need the whole amount up front. If I send in $10.00 now, and then the rest when/before they are finished; If I don't hold up to my end of the bargain, you could easily find someone on here that will buy them for $70.00, and you can keep my deposit. Does that seem fair? PM me if you would rather discuss this in private.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Alright.. You can probably count me in for a set. As today when I changed my front brakes.. the front end of the subframe had about an inch of play in it.. my old rubbers were worn, luckily the back has new rubber bushings. but what's the cost of two new rubber bushing from ford? and how much if any do these aluminum busing help handling?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Jul 18 2004, 10:22 PM
Bryan,

Could I send in a deposit, or will you need the whole amount up front. If I send in $10.00 now, and then the rest when/before they are finished; If I don't hold up to my end of the bargain, you could easily find someone on here that will buy them for $70.00, and you can keep my deposit. Does that seem fair? PM me if you would rather discuss this in private.
Silvapain,

Sorry no deposits, only full payment up front. The reason for doing this is because I don't have the cash to buy 11 sets of these bushings from the machine shop. As soon as they are done, I go right over pick them up and hand them a check the same time. Easy for me and easy for them. Less chasing around I have to do for the money. I honestly make little to nothing on selling these bushings, the less work I have to do the better. If it is a trust issue, check with anyone over at SHOforum and with the people that I have allready sold 100+ sets to.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by SHO Continental@Jul 18 2004, 10:57 PM
Alright.. You can probably count me in for a set. As today when I changed my front brakes.. the front end of the subframe had about an inch of play in it.. my old rubbers were worn, luckily the back has new rubber bushings. but what's the cost of two new rubber bushing from ford? and how much if any do these aluminum busing help handling?
Not sure how much the rubber bushings are and even if they are available. I've never replaced rubber with rubber. The improvements you will feel with the aluminum bushings are very nice and well worth the $$ Ask others that have them and they will tell you the same thing.......

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
It's a newborn kid issue, not a trust problem. Anyone who consorts with Bob is good in my book. I totally understand your point. I will try and get the money in time, but I understand if I'm late.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Bryan,

How soon can you get them to me? I missed out of the first buy and have wanted a set since but am getting activated (reservist) and i wanted to get them so i can install them before i leave in a little over 3 weeks. Ah hell, consider me in regardless, would just be nice to get them and install them before i left if i could. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Today's Update so far:

Eric Wieland
Erik Tremblay
Bob Gervais
Bob Gervais
Bryce Kurtz

6 more sets to go!

I allready called the machine shop today and gave them a heads up. I am leaving for vacation in two days (07/21/04) and will return Tuesday, 07/27/04. I probally will not be able to respond to PM's or emails during this time unless I can get ahold of my father-inlaw's computer while I am in Colorado. I imagine that 6 more people will buy in the time that I am gone. The machine shop said if I get back the 27th and give them the go ahead to make them they definately will have them by the end of the month. That means as soon as I come back they will probally ship right out.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Make that five more sets to go. I just paypal'd you the money. Thanks for offering these again since i missed out the first time around. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Will this fit a g4 vulcan? (maybe engine is irrevalent, not sure what else may be dif between other things other than engine) If so, add me to the list, and I'll send the e-mail about shipping. But I can only do it as long as you can ship somewhere othe rthan my paypal address, cause that's being changed to my new address. i don't want someone taking my AL bushings! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by j0rd4n@Jul 19 2004, 03:11 PM
Will this fit a g4 vulcan? (maybe engine is irrevalent, not sure what else may be dif between other things other than engine) If so, add me to the list, and I'll send the e-mail about shipping. But I can only do it as long as you can ship somewhere othe rthan my paypal address, cause that's being changed to my new address. i don't want someone taking my AL bushings! :)
Not sure if they will fit a gen 4 or not, have to ask Bob Gervias on that one I believe he knows.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Update:

Eric Wieland
Erik Tremblay
Bob Gervais
Bob Gervais
Bryce Kurtz
Nathan Heck
Steven Lane
Adam Boeglin

3 more to go!

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Bryan C. King@Jul 18 2004, 06:20 PM
Bob, Thanks again for the AD!

Silvapain, I don't know how long I will be doing this for. Supply and demand is getting smaller as I have allready sold way over 100 sets as of todays date.

Todays Update:

Eric Wieland
Erik Tremblay
Bob Gervais
Bob Gervais

7 sets to go!
Actually Bryan, count me for one set. hightechredneck wanted a set, and I wasn't sure if he was going to be online much longer, so the second set was for him.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Todays update as of right now:

Eric Wieland
Erik Tremblay
Bryce Kurtz
Nathan Heck
Steven Lane
Adam Boeglin
Patricia Berglund
Jordan Recknagel
Bradley Roehrig

That leaves 2 sets to go. As of right now I will not be replying to any emails or PM's until the 27th, when I return back from vacation, unless I can use my father in laws computer while I am there. The machine shop has allready been given the go ahead to begin making the bushings. They should be done when I return. I will mail out all orders by the 29th. Everyone will recieve a tracking number from Fedex in your email. If more then 2 people pay me after the 11 spots have been filled, I have two options. 1, I continure with a third group buy or 2, refund the money. All depends on how many people are interested. Local pickup is available, pay for them now and call me after the 27th. to arrange for pickup. Thanks to all that have gotten in on this group buy, I will talk to you all when I return.........

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.