Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
You're right, that's a pretty sweet deal. And AFAIK, all you need to do is replace the steering knuckle to make it driveable again. My car has a blown front strut and needs new tie-rod ends (and a wheel bearing to boot) yet is still perfectly driveable.

Her story sounds a bit fishy though. If she can't afford $800 in repairs how is $295 going to help her get another car?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Man, I kind of feeling sorry for her (if the story is true)

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I love that color

B

·
0 Posts
Email sent to seller. I have the parts to fix it, so I offered to come up and do it. I can definitely sympathize with having kids, and not a lot of money to make things happen. If she really doesn't want to repair it, I'll most likely buy it. Getting ideas already... SC wagon!!

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I keep tellin' ya bob... RWD Rear engine Wagon! Toss a Windsor 351 in the back, weld on some extra frame and go to town!

-Dan

J

·
0 Posts
I think a FWD car with a rear mounted engine would be pretty funny!
that'd make for an interesting project.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Mar 11 2004, 08:28 AM
Email sent to seller. I have the parts to fix it, so I offered to come up and do it. I can definitely sympathize with having kids, and not a lot of money to make things happen. If she really doesn't want to repair it, I'll most likely buy it. Getting ideas already... SC wagon!!
That was pretty cool of you Bob. If she does take you up on your offer, I'm sure we'll have a TCCA member for life.

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Xee+Mar 11 2004, 01:38 PM-->QUOTE (Xee @ Mar 11 2004, 01:38 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Bob Gervais
@Mar 11 2004, 08:28 AM
Email sent to seller.  I have the parts to fix it, so I offered to come up and do it.  I can definitely sympathize with having kids, and not a lot of money to make things happen.  If she really doesn't want to repair it, I'll most likely buy it.  Getting ideas already... SC wagon!! 
That was pretty cool of you Bob. If she does take you up on your offer, I'm sure we'll have a TCCA member for life.
[/b]
Thanks! I actually have all the parts on my dead 93, most are new. Since I can't seem to get to the car to repair it, I figure the parts are better off helping someone in need.

And Dan, easy on my budget pal!

B

·
0 Posts
Hmm, seller ended listing early, must have sold it locally. Ah well, I hope she makes out OK!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts