Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've only had my car back for about a month since I had it painted. As the title stated I spent $2500. Well after installing my RCA cables along the passenger side of the car I noticed Daylight coming through the floor, after I pulled the carpet back. What a piss off, I checked the floor from underneath the car and everything look solid. I know the driver side was rusted pretty bad in the inside of the cabin, but the floor was still very solid. I didn't think that the passeger side would be any different since very few people are my car other then me. Anyhew, I'm now looking at $400-800 to replace my floor. I haven't look at the rear floor yet, I will Thursday after work, just to cold to do it outside. I'm hoping the rear is fine, cause then it shouldn't be more the $400. But if there's any sign of the floor rotting, I'm replacing the whole thing. I don't want just a cheap patch that will need to be looked at again in a year down the road. Thanks for just letting mne vent a bit. Just so damn much of a piss off that I just put all this money into getting the body solid and tight, and now I find out that is isn't as tight as I originally thought it was. :banghead:

·
Registered
36 Posts
holy crap... i didnt even pay that much for my 2000 taurus

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by fordtaurus2000@Dec 31 2005, 07:11 PM
And this is on your gen 3 ?
Yup. I never noticed this before. At every oil change I go over the car looking and checking stuff like this out. From underneath the car, everything looked fine last month. No holes or severe rust. But today I couldn't believe what I saw. Just when you think you're getting ahead, something like this happens.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
i dont have the same problem... but after updating parts and doing mainteance, buying the rims and nice tires, ect... I had the car on a left and realize its rotting to hell...All those new parts and mods... and rust is taking it away. Cars + Salt = Suck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts