Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a few weeks ago a couple Sables driving around here have these square 24V badges on their fenders just forward the door on the front fenders. What year were these introduced on? What do they sell for? They would look pretty sharp on my car

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Yeah..Only use them if you have the engine...Dont wanna be a "Sotck Honda with a Vtec Sticker"......the other day i laughed when i went to play pool....a kid had a vtec winshield sticker, custom....said "V-Tek"....figure that one out...

IM BORED!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Here's my fender emblems. They rock

·
Registered
423 Posts
Originally posted by mykej27@Dec 8 2003, 03:41 PM
Here's my fender emblems. They rock

I had a set of those that I was going to put on my car, they are mucho better looking than the 24V DOHC emblems IMO. My friend with a Contour SVT gave me his. But that was before I decided to go completely emblem-less.

Do a search on eBay, you might even find a set of the SVT ones.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That would be the same thing as putting 24V DOHC on a Vulcan.I know a few peole who have them on their SHO`s,but they actually have SVT parts on them.It`s funny how some people will talk about "ricers",then add badges to their cars that are incorrect.An E Bay search for V6 or 24V Emblems will turn up tons of different ideas that haven`t been used yet.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by jthomas68@Dec 9 2003, 07:41 PM
That would be the same thing as putting 24V DOHC on a Vulcan....

It`s funny how some people will talk about "ricers",then add badges to their cars that are incorrect.
That's why I decided not to put those 'tec badges on. I thought they looked cool, so I wanted some at first.
This club has taught me the correct way to avoid being a ricer.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
It's not like I'm being totally fraudulant. I do own a 24v Duratec. I don't own a Vulcan with 24v DOHC badges or have SHO badges on it. A SLO with SHO emblems or badges would be too obvious. You can't mistake thoughs.

If I stuck a Type R emblem on my ride, I should be shot and be set as an example as to what not to do.

·
Banned
438 Posts
I'm going to have to find one of those - one of my 24V labels fell off, and I uhhhh ... got desperate and used super glue to put it back on, then it fell off at the next time I ran it through the automatic car wash and I got this gooey mess where it was. *sigh*
It's hard trying to keep up with a car that's also the daily driver

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
You can go almost any auto parts store and find the glue that is designed for emblems.

I have my original 24valve badges. I made sure when I took them off that they were still in perfect condition. If you want them, you can have'em.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I have an SVT tag on the back of my car.... but its more to cause mass confusion amung the ricers on the street....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts