Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at getting some 18's and a set of 245 for $800. the tires are used and i was jsut wondering if they would fit on a 96 taurus

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking because those are huge..but i will be getting rims be christmas...will i be save 215's , 225's ??

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I run 245/40/18's on my SHO. No rub issues whatsoever. 245 is about as wide as you can go without rolled fenders or flares.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
i you car is lowered like a local guy here 225/50/16 (stock slicers) look awsome other wise i'd go with 225/55/16 very close to stock higth and look damn good. I wouldent go with 225/60/16 they look kind of funny + who needs the extra tire roll that a 60 serise would cause.

these on stock 16 inch rims of course.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i have a lowered gen 4 and i have all around 235/17/45...the front will never rub..but the backs do...i need to get the the fender flared...its not to impressive to hear the rub so i would definalatly make sure if you get something that wide that you take care of your rub if you have it...were i come from its frowned apond. but good luck

G

·
its funny, cause I run 225s on my Sable and I have a slight subframe rub. Nothing major. But 245s should be cool. Good Luck!

Sal

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Heh, even funnier is how low my car sits. Still no rub on my rubber. :biggergrin:

Not trying to rub it in, but, wouldn't that be the rub? I'm gonna go rub one out now.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I wouldn't personally go wider than 235 like Kermits setup.
Explain to me these tires ratings: XXX/XX/XX

Thanks,

lllsynthtaxlll
Ratings

Here ya go lllsynthtaxlll

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was going to go with 17's with a pakage price of like 1043 , but he could of got me these used 245/??/18 with a nice lookin 18 inch rim that was on sale for 850. but i think im going to go with a 225 or 235/45/17

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by lllsynthtaxlll@Sep 15 2004, 09:09 AM
Explain to me these tires ratings: XXX/XX/XX

Thanks,

lllsynthtaxlll
Correctly written, it's xxx/xx-xx

First three x's are the tread width in millimeters.

Second two are the sidewall height expressed as a percentage of the width (hence the divide sign "/").

Last two are the diameter of the rim, in inches.

You've probably noticed that tires actually include letters. The full she-bang on what all that means is located here:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testing/UTQG...abelPassVeh.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts