TEXAS size jacks
[attachmentid=27598]
[attachmentid=27599]
If Luke or Mark has more pictures, post them

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
FordBastards.org put together Team El Toro Loco and entered a 1993 Ford Taurus SHO. The engine had rod knock at the beginning of the race. The race started Saturday morning with 75 cars on the grid. Early into the first day, El Toro Loco started running hot. The car could only race for about 30-45 minutes before overheating. Water was added, then a radiator was swapped, but chances are the damage was already done. Near the end of Saturday's racing, the engine died. It was a molten lump of stink. Never willing to give up, the Ford Bastards found a pair of spare engines. An engine swap began. The race officials were not pleased with our "jack stands" but it worked, and the car was ready to race Sunday morning. The second day started well, no overheating, and El Toro Loco had a new heart. Lap times came down, track position went up. Towards the end of the day, the brakes were beginning to fail. The master cylinder would not hold pressure. With an hour left in the day, the car was retired.... temporarily. The brake fluid cooled, and the car went back out for the last 30 minutes.

Check out The 24 Hours of LeMons for more info. This was the most fun I've ever had at a race track, and I wasn't even a driver for the team. Racing a $500 POS car for 2 days is auto racing in its purist form.

I present El Toro Loco!!!

Common sight on Saturday

One of our penalties for an off the track excursion... "The Uphill Battle of John McCain". The driver had to put on the McCain mask, the entire team climbed onto the car, and the driver had to push the car 200 feet and back.

Another team got the "Al Gore" punishment... the team had to plant a tree while the driver and car were pelted with tofu. Yuck.

Murph modding the hood for heat extraction

A few race cars

Random nice street cars

Kenny's Subaru... I really liked riding around in this car. Das Übaru

Sergio's Gen1 SHO

Murph's Gen1 SHO

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont forget the 24 hr of lemons after party at club ******!!!!!
YALL CANT HANG WITH US.lol
Me being crazy
[attachmentid=27615]
being past out after the piggy back ride
[attachmentid=27616]
being past out for no reason again and i knock over the trash.lol
[attachmentid=27617]

[attachmentid=27618]
[attachmentid=27619]
[attachmentid=27620]

I was also convinced that Mark and Luke bought Honda Civics and I started crying apparently.lol I felt betrayed

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I'm surprised this thread did not get more comments. Racing a Taurus here, people!

Anyway, awesome event. I highly recommend it to any car enthusiast. The pictures are only a tiny fraction of the excitement surrounding the race. I've already started planning with friends to enter our own car for next years local event. Win or lose, it's a great experience.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you have to remember luke SHO is not a taurus. maybe well get lucky in the sho forums.lol[/b]
You're fired!!, it was a TAURUS before it was EVER a SHO.
[/b]
I DONT BELIEVE YOU!!!NEVER
[attachmentid=27622]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
:lol: @ the pics!

That does look like a ton of fun! I love the emergency 3-hour engine swap, and those are some SWEET jackstands :thumb:

Oh, and Luke, I like your new Enzo :grin2:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
you have to remember luke SHO is not a taurus. maybe well get lucky in the sho forums.lol[/b]
You're fired!!, it was a TAURUS before it was EVER a SHO.
[/b]
I DONT BELIEVE YOU!!!NEVER
[attachmentid=27622]
[/b][/quote]
"My face hurts. BOTH OF THEM!"

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
3hrs that is pretty good. you swaped complete power train/ subframe assemblies right?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
That is awesome! I wish I could have been there.

Next year, perhaps. I saw the SHO on jalopnik yesterday, but didn't realize that it was the Ford Bastards SHO. Pretty awesome, if you ask me.

JR

1 - 16 of 16 Posts