Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Honest opinions, you sure?

I like big rims, when you tuck them, but when you go so large that you have to start jacking your car up in the air to look like it is heading off to compete in the Dakar rally, I don't like.

·
Registered
81 Posts
honestly... Come on dude it's a Taurus! A granny-mobile!!! Seriously, at most nobody should do more than an 18" on a bull. And if you're gonna dump that kind of money into it, do it to the engine. Personally, I'd much rather have a car that looks like death and runs like a beast than the other way around (im sure your car runs fine though). Just sayin....

I don't wanna hate, but you said be honest!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
The rims are nice, i don't like the sick on autozone ports.

How much space is there between the rear tires and the front of the wheel well opening? it is hard to tell in the pic but it looks like your tires are sitting way to far forward.

Talk to SHO Source about brake upgrades to take your braking distance back down to stock and to fill up the space from the massive rims. 13" front with cobra brakes with 11.6 rear work/look good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey man i'ma big fan of big rims and if you can do it then do it im likin that bro but lose the ports man that just throws it off bad man quick question did you have to modify it at all to get the rims to fit becuz i was thinking about upgrading to 22's on my ride. and trust me people you can make any car not look like a granny vehicle mine dont lol. pm me and tell me how you got them to fit cuz i'm seriously thinking about upgrading my car to 22's

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
OK bein' honest here, your wheels probably cost more than you paid for the car, and it just looks too ghetto to me. The littlest bump in the road is gonna tweak the wheel badly too, there's not enough tire there to absorb any shock. Beauty is in the eye of the owner, though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx guys for the honesty, wut I have learned...

>>> I will certainly ditch the fake side ports lol, gettin ready to paint anyway

>>> i was ready for the "granny car" remarks but that's why I wanted to add a little bit of youth to it

>>> Just like I tell anyone that tried to "pimp their ride" please make sure it is top running conditions & yes I got a nice lil beast under the hood & you can hear it through the pipes lol

>>> Sound system runs on a 2nd battery & I have already done the Big 3

>>> My goal was to add my own flavor to this car & make it a lil bit more "Hip"(I'm only 23) but not ghetto lol.. this is wut I was NOT trying to do

GHETTO!!

GHETTO #2

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Would look fine if you a decent lookin body kit. Htas that i ddi to mine . of course Ive only got 20's but my kit is 2in lower than stock

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
dont know how you do it, i have 2" spacers in the front, and 2 sets of two inch spacers on the back (technically about 3" lift because of SAS. and my car still rubs sometimes, my wheels look great though, the projectors really add to the way the car looks as well:

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
If you're happy with it, that's all that really matters. Have fun while you're young and have the disposable income to play with. I wouldn't trade my family for anything, but there are times I miss being young and single.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
this is true, my brakes hurt with 20's and my ride sucks, but my car looks great, i do kind of regret not getting some nicely lipped 18's now though, but i would never trade my car looks good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.