Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put 225/55 R16 on the stock gen IV Wheels. If so any pics.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
That is what I had on my 00' SEL and I have it on my 03'

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Should work fine. Expect it to track in ruts a tiny bit more, but the ride shouldnt be any worse.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think I may get some P225 55 (or maybe 50) R 16's for my new rims....... still deciding on tire brand.... any suggestions?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Expect it to track in ruts a tiny bit more[/b]
Why is that? is it just the extra width or what?

josh

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was concerned about what the height looks like. They are about a half inch Diamter smaller than the stock tire. Any pics on stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Actually the height is about the same as stock. Just be aware that some(including me) have a slight rubbing in the back when the trunk is loaded and you have rear passangers. I have had this problem on the right rear of both cars. It is solved with a file or grinding wheel and some touch up paint in the wheel well.
If you want pics just to to my garage. I think it is a huge improvement in looks. It gives the car a more sporty appearence, while improving handling.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
When you wider & lower profile it tends to grab the ruts in the road made by semi's a little more. I said a tny bit because 1 extra cm in width and 5% less sidewall ratio is not going to make a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Jan 4 2004, 10:27 AM
Actually the height is about the same as stock.
Actually according to whalen tire it is .41" shorter than stock.

Does anyone have any pics?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I'm actually wondering if I can put 235/45R17's on my new Fox Sport 2's. Acording to the tire size calculator, 235/50/R17 would be the best match, but they are for some reason more expensive then the 235/45's.

-Dan

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok thanks, well now i know why my car tracks in ruts now that i have my 245/40-18 on. I have even had the steering wheel turn like one inch on me on a road that seemed relativly flat.

josh

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Dan that is just a poplular size. On my Grand Am GT it had 205 55R 16 and that size was always about $10 more than the 205 50 R 16. This was in the mid-90's when all the cars were starting to use the 205 55R 16 size.

As far as pics go, just go to my garage, it is full of pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts