Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been tryin to figure out something to do with the top of my car. With no sunroof it looks plain as hell, and a sunroof is out of budget for me right now. With the subwoofers in the truck I can't fit a big cooler back there and I'm also planning a end of the summer trip to saki river in maine, so if I ha a roof rack I could put my cooler and a kayak up there with ease.

But in the mean time I think it might look good Visually and add some good look to the top of my car, and I could also add one of those plates in the front and add some decals to it (or not).

My buddy has one on his civic and looking at pics of the car Now it looks way better with the rack. So I figured is get one for my car until him and his slammed Honda/vdub buddies said a car tht is not slammed with a roof rack is a complete fail.

So what do you guys think of the idea?

·
Registered
587 Posts
i think fail but if you got to you got to coolers are a must most of all ice cold bevrages when you get there. i like these the best but who knows. they sell a removable bar set up that this mount to here too. so when done with the trip just remove it lol's

Car Roof Rack at DiscountRamps.Com

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Knott, the 20's and DUB emblems already = Fail. You honestly have nothing to lose (or gain) by adding a roof rack as well. -_- Go for it.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
20s on a taurus = fail? However, go with a roof rack and get a light bar for it and strap the spare to the roof.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I'm also planning a end of the summer trip to saki river in maine, so if I ha a roof rack I could put my cooler and a kayak up there with ease.

So what do you guys think of the idea?
Hey Man,

First, its the Saco River. Runs from NH to Maine with 6 hydro powered stations along the way. However, before dumping in Maine's Casco Bay it becomes a lazily flowing shallow river, sandy banks & free campsites.(99% of the people are from out of state that do this portion of the Saco river) And when you do go, if I could ask you to spread around to all your gf's & buddies that go as well. Bring extra trash bags or whatever to carry everything out that you take in, including but not limited to bottles, cans, trash, food, tents, shoes, sleeping bags etc. I have been hearing through some wilderness committies, this spot will be shut down soon due to pollution. This will be a shame that yet another activity is spoiled do to others mismanagement of common sense. ADVISE, DO NOT COME TO OUR STATE TO USE AS A DUMPSTER!!!!!!!!

But on the note of the roof rack, try it out. Look in to the different options (thule has been good to me on other cars, Yakima is also quality) The plate you refer to is a wind fairing. Get some measurements figured out. see if you like it. If not, get a truck.

-Denis

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
You could also try a hitch mounted cargo rack, though the weight distribution would probably be better overhead.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I definetly want it roof mounted and the one that is linked above will not work because you need the factory attachment bars and the rack is flat, where my sables roof has a pretty good curve, can anyone recommend a rack that isn't too expensive?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Knott, the 20's and DUB emblems already = Fail. You honestly have nothing to lose (or gain) by adding a roof rack as well. -_- Go for it.
What about dignity and self respect? Wait...its Knott...

I say go for it!!! Take lots of pics!!! B)

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will I've been looking at yakimas on eBay but I need to know more about them and how they work I found one off an evo but I believe it's too small an my friend with a civic said it has the wrong clips so I just have to do some research first. I'm definetly doing this though.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the Yakima rack rests on the top of the door seams I believe I'm not looking to drill anything.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
There's no reason to get a roof rack with the trunks we have.

It wouldn't look as bad as one on a Civic, but it won't look good.

Seems to be a trend with the ricers, especially the VW drivers who cut their springs so they have bad camber on purpose.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts