Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Thought I'd show off my rear wheel spacers I finally got around to installing. Essentially what stopped me is I had to cut the studs to be shorter in order to fit the wheel over the spacer since the new spacers have new lug studs splined into them.

Note that I did not use the right spacers. Those are small slip ons that I wouldn't recommend using. The ones on the left are actual spacers with a hubcentric ring that won't break your car.

There is the gap in the rear as you can see. After lowering the car, the wheels definitely sunk in quite a bit and I very much disliked the look of it.
After installing the spacers, here is the final result:

Wheels are right at the fender and look awesome. Hopefully if anyone has been looking to fix the rear of their car after lowering it, here's the answer. These are 20mm spacers, however 15mm wouldn't look bad either.

LensDump Link: https://lensdump.com/admiralsparklez

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just did this as well except i used 15mm out back and 10mm upfront due to my wheels having a 35 offset. I have h&R's installed and am having rubbing issues. Have you had any rubbing?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just did this as well except i used 15mm out back and 10mm upfront due to my wheels having a 35 offset. I have h&R's installed and am having rubbing issues. Have you had any rubbing?

Just saw your reply to the thread. At first, oh yes. I had rubbing. And it was viscous. But I'm on coilovers so I adjusted the back up a little more and added some preload and it was all cured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
AdmiralSparklez
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing