Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem to what I am experiencing. I just bought a 2019 Taurus Limited AWD with leather seats. The Driver's seat starts creeking/squeaking when i start to go over some bumps, move around a lot in the seat. I know this may sound like I am over-reacting, but this sound is much too loud for a brand new Taurus, or any car for that matter. It sounds like it is coming from right under the seatbelt mechanism on my right hip. Has anyone else experienced this/ fixed this? Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
While it is possible something is loose (only way to find out really is to take the seat out, though it may or may not be fruitful), my seat was was creaking on the left side (sometimes). I found it to be where the plastic trim was wrapping around the seat (where memory buttons are) rubbing against the side of it. My course of action was to line the edge with a thin felt tape. No more creak. I get how this can be annoying AF especially on a new car, but then it is a Ford so stupid crap like that is to be expected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, thanks for the input. Is there a manual online somewhere on how to remove the seat properly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I probably could. But it is almost impossible to replicate the noise on command, and they will probably dismiss me for asking about a seat squeak. But that is always an option. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts