Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mercury Sable LS Platinum Sport, 2019 Ford Taurus Limited
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago my mom got a 2019 Taurus Limited fwd with 38k miles to replace our now gone 2006 ford five hundred that had 223k miles. We also had to use our only other vehicle a 2002 sable until we got a new car which also like the five hundred has well over 200k. luckily we're still under powertrain warranty and we also purchased a extended bumper to bumper warranty until 81k. I should have known better to check the weep hole behind the alternator before we bought it but I made the assumption that it only had 38k miles and it shouldn't be a problem yet. I checked behind the alternator recently while I was looking around under the hood and saw oil leaking from the weep hole but not coolant the car is also not loosing coolant and the oil looks perfect. We're going to take it to the dealer as soon as we can before the water pump becomes a major problem. Just wondering if any of you out there have seen a 3.5l with water pump issues this early. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately we haven't been able to take it to the dealer yet because someone in my house tested positive for Covid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is pretty nice overall with some small cosmetic things that we will probably get fixed. Luckily my mom really likes it because it's similar to the five hundred

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sure it's the weep hole and not a sloppy oil change? Mine had quite a trail of oil running down from the fill hole from the previous owner. Just a thought.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the suggestion I followed the oil up and it went all the way to the valve cover I'm glad that's what it was. It's a really tight area so I wasn't able to see before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts