Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Taurus with approx., 19,000 miles that most recently has developed a reasonably loud buzzing sound emanating directly over the front windshield vent on the passenger side. The sound is clearly coming from the vent area; closest to the windshield, as placing a hand over the front windshield vent on the left side will modulate the buzzing. The sound occurs between 58- 65 mph’s and was most recently much louder during a thunderstorm with a high cross wind component, i.e., with the wind blowing from left to right whilst driving at 60mph. Has anyone experienced this rather annoying buzzing? I have checked the vent for any materials that may be causing the noise and it appears completely unobstructed. Greatly appreciate any support or findings from a similar problem in advance. Cheers Hank

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
351 Posts
I have a '17 with a very similar irritating noise from that same area. If you figure it out, please share.

·
Registered
2013 SEL
400 Posts
If it's speed sensitive, it may be external to the vehicle. I spent moths chasing down such a noise that eventually turned out to be a rock wedged between the exhaust heat shield and the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts