Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all.
Disclaimer - I'm brand new here so let me first ask forgiveness in advance for asking what is most likely a common question.

I recently purchased a new-to-me 2018 Taurus Limited AWD.

3EBD208F-0D64-42BE-A3D6-E38F3707E9E8_1_105_c.jpeg

However, as you can see, (hopefully) the grille, including the chrome surround, is damaged and needs replacing.
Would the SHO grille fit it? If so, would it be a direct "bolt-in" replacement or would there be modification required?

This is the grille I am referring to:

I'm not really a "car guy", at least in regard to working on them, so please go easy on me and maybe speak slowly... :sneaky:
How big of a job is it to change that out?
Thank you in advance.

IA Guy

·
Registered
271 Posts
IA Guy, nice Taurus! Congrats. it’s a direct fit. I put the SHO grille in my SEL, and it’ll fit directly into any trim (SE, SEL, Limited). It’s a literal snap-in. It’s not a hard job but does require front bumper cover removal, several fasteners, so some patience will be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IA Guy, nice Taurus! Congrats. it’s a direct fit. I put the SHO grille in my SEL, and it’ll fit directly into any trim (SE, SEL, Limited). It’s a literal snap-in. It’s not a hard job but does require front bumper cover removal, several fasteners, so some patience will be needed.
Thanks, Smitty.
That's exactly what I needed to know before I pulled the trigger on a new grille!
Really appreciate the help!

IA Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts