Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
If it didnt rain at least one day, it wouldn't be Ford Carlisle.

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
If it didnt rain at least one day, it wouldn't be Ford Carlisle.
So I am finding out, from others who are posting replies to that very same weather forecast, that I posted in other communities.

Meh, oh well. I decided to ditch bringing the large, custom made, 5'x8' mod banner, and its' weighted sand bags to hold it down as a result.

Not worth the risk. Especially since I hear they tend to pack 3k+ worths of attendess cars in tightly like sardines.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry to hear about your eye. Hope it heals back to normal.
I havn't been more than 30 miles from home in 2 years so I ain't goin anywhere except for a Summer trip. In August going our about 650 miles for family reunion. Did that 2 years ago and we skipped last year. My walking is mostly limited to walking the wife's dog to the end of the street and back. Bad knees.

-chart-
Thanks! The eye is slowly coming back online. I can see out the top 10-15% at this point (9 days post surgery). Spent the week in Montreal and Toronto. My wife and youngest daughter did all the driving. First time in probably over 30 years I've spent an entire trip in the back seat. I could get used to it!

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
Well folks, the 2017 Ford National's have come and gone, and a great time was had by all! Wonderful to see such a turnout from all various model years, trim levels, etc.

The memories created were plenty, and I'm thankful to many many individuals for having made this event, the experience that it was!

BIG Thanks to Brian & Kris Michael (BAM_SHO) as well as to Mark H. (mjhpadi) for their involvement and assistance throughout. Without their help, the show wouldn't have been what it was for me personally.

I was overwhelmed by all the support, as well as all the things to do and see, not only at the fairgrounds, but also in/around the Carlisle area. Fun times for sure! Look forward to doing it again.

Also, HUGE Thanks to all those who catapulted my SHO into it's 1st Place Award for the "Modified" category! Very thankful for the attention, and I only hope I can continue representing the Taurus/SHO platform in the best light possible! Thank you!

Moving along, a few pics to post here, then I'll include the link to the dedicated album, so as to not eat up too much forum data, and y'all can peruse through at your own leisure. Enjoy!

Some of the group, as remaining on Sunday:

Downtown Carlisle parade:

Pole dancing anyone?:

Hotel parking lot shenanigans:

Some of the SHO and it's newest "big" mod for 2017, the MASSIVE audio build:

Link to the ENTIRE album here:
http://s229.photobucket.com/user/bpd1151/library/2017 Ford Nationals Carlisle PA

I hope everyone enjoyed this event, as much as I did. I know for me personally, I'll never forget all the looks on people's faces when they viewed my SHO for the 1st time. The positive reactions, compliments, and in some cases, utter amazement, from all age groups, walks of life, etc. was priceless. Keeps me fueled for even more to come in the future! --------Mike

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
A few fun videos captured by others:

Looks like my SHO, as well as Brian (BAM_SHO's SHO) made the Official Carlisle Flickr Photo Albums as well:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carlisle-events/albums/72157681742028683

Anyone else have photos that they'd care to share with the community? It'd be great to see what others have captured! Your contributions are appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats on winning modified award! I'm sorry I missed the event this year, but I guess there's always next time! (and hopefully my taurus that i'm working on will be finished by then!)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd love to come one year (I went once when I had my Focus)...ultimately, I'd love to trade my Chrysler convertible for an EcoBoost Mustang, then my daughter could drive the Stang and I could drive Sir Taurus. That would be serious fun.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts