Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OPEN NOW!
Here we are everyone, the second 2016 TCCA Car of the Quarter Submission thread! Anyone can submit as long as they fall in the rules for submission, you don't even have to have a super fancy decked out car though it will can help you have a leg up on the competition!

PLEASE SUBMISSIONS ON THIS THREAD ONLY!

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE NEW RULES!!

All submissions that do not meet the criteria WILL be removed, without notification, and your spot may be given to someone else, so make it complete the first time to guarantee your spot.

Only one post per entrant. You MUST post at the very least 5 GOOD quality pictures. At least one of those pictures must be of the interior. The car should be clean, unless dirty for the ambiance of the picture(winter months), and the photos should be of very good quality. Old pictures are fine as long as they represent your car the way it currently sits. Please specify which photo you would like to be your voting photo. If not I will select which one I feel best suits your vehicle. I will not change photos once voting has begun!

Voting begins the 15th and ends at the end of the month! There are room for 5 entries only, first come first serve with a COMPLETE and acceptable submission! If all 5 are filled before the 15th, voting will start as soon as the slots are filled.

PLEASE, NO DISCUSSION HERE, ONLY SUBMISSIONS! Any other talk or banter will be deleted.

The winner will be promoted on the websites home page for a month!

The winner will also receive a 1 year FREE Premium Supporter subscription to the site! This means no advertisements, and a forum where only supporters may converse.

You will also be entered in the 2016 COTY contest. The winner of that will win a LIFETIME PLATINUM membership!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I guess I'll go first. This is my 2002 SES that I bought in April of 2015. It's been a great car. I've only put roughly $700 of necessary repairs into it. (Mods don't count as necessary repairs hehe.) Divide that by 14 months and this Taurus has only cost me about $50/month to own. A couple of mods I've done include centennials, LED front & rear turn signals, SilverStar Ultra head light bulbs, and other minor stuff such as a wood trim dashkit and seat covers. All in all, I love this car and can't wait to drive it to the 200,000 mile mark! Only 10,400 miles to go! Now for some pictures. First one will be my voting pic

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am submitting my 1987 Ford Taurus GL. This Taurus has 56177 original certified miles and has received a car fax score of 38 out of a average 5 to 27 points. I am the second owner of this Taurus and the original owner bought this car brand new from Courtesy Ford in 87 and I bought it from there as well. The original sales man still worked there!!! I have all the original documentation with the original window sticker in the glove box. Has the upgraded wheels to 15 inch with the premium hub caps and the optional Taurus mudflaps. Interior is like the outside clean undamaged like from the factory new. This car also has a floor shifter instead of the column shifter which is hard to come by. Everything is from the factory even the spark plugs. Has the Vulcan 3.0 engine. Nothing has ever been done to this vehicle. She even kept records of oil changes in the Taurus maintenance book in the glove box which was usually done because of age not mileage and it was all done at Courtesy Ford. A real survivor car and I am extremely proud to own her. The first pic is my voting picture.

Interior pics are uploaded and working correctly as promised.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
So I suppose I will give this a shot this time around. Not sure where to start...

The day I brought her home...

2010 Ford Taurus Limited
Darkside Metallic (Tuxedo Black Metallic)
Fully loaded
Black leather interior
Morimoto 50w 6k HID conversion
LED conversion inside and out

20" Platinum 433U Wheels w/ 245/40 Falken ZE950
"Smoke" Lamin-X covered headlights
All chrome accents color matched to the car
Tinted tailights
Rear window spoiler
SHO trunk spoiler
Custom black diamond mesh grill

Custom blue digi camo wrapped interior

Fully custom audio build consisting of:
  • 2 DC Audio XL 15s on a Twisted Sounds 3.5
  • 1/0 Sky High OFC wire
  • XS Power D6500 up front/ XS Power XP950 in the trunk
  • Crescendo Audio 550.2 powering a set of 6MR500-NDY in the front doors and a set of Crescendo Audio Ultra Neo 6.5s in the rear doors
  • American Bass SYMP25 tweeters and Rockford Fosgate 3.5" in the front and rear center channels on a NVX MVPA4 amplifier
  • 100sq ft. of Shok Mat between all 4 doors

Most recent picture(Voting picture)...

Link to my audio build

Add custom black housing headlights to that list...

·
Registered
84 Posts
2000 Ford Taurus SEL

I suppose every contest needs an underdog... Or at least some comedy relief. So, here she is. Excuse me-posting newbie and will most likely have to leave all photos in the attachments.... :/

Here's the backstory: I bought a 1974 Bronco from a friendly old lady I mow lawn for. Said bronco was sadly wrecked :(--- I barely made it out alive of said wreck.
Anyway, as dreams to fix the old rig faded an opportunity arose. A trade, a trade for what? A ford taurus... What a step down right? Old classic in high demand to a common little sedan...

WRONG. The same 'luck' that saved my neck in the bronc wreck, lent me a hand in trading the pile of 74 for a 2000 taurus sel and $600 cash. Climate control, cruise, mach audio system, adjustable pedals, electric seat, heated/ electric mirrors etc.

It had zero brakes when I received it... genius before me put the passenger side brake drum adjuster on the driver side and flat out lost the other one.... needless to say right side left brakes were toast, left side were untouched.... -_-

Fixed all that annnnd nothing else :)!!!

Currently she sports, and I do mean sports 213k miles and drives great. It looks like she's been in a nice northwest snow accident with minor denting down the driver side and some fender damage, but the interior was immaculate (we wondered if it was a rental car perhaps).

I didn't bother to wash her up (her... she was named gracie.... idk why.. not my doing) because that wouldn't accurately portray her (and the pressure washer aint hooked up). She gets parked under a cherry tree normally so the birds and fruit have their way with her...

I've been told that it's moderately rare to have a 2000 SEL model, as the se comfort badges were used up until just the end of 2000.... so she's *rare* as a non sho taurus can be I suppose.

Living in good old North Idaho means that she's one of the sportier sedans around :)! Recently we've had pissing matches with a couple cars. Dodge intrepid-kicked its but. BMW 325- from 45-80 real quick o_O, and many other pricks that don't expect the little sedan to keep pace.

I adore this car, and for the price you couldn't beat it! It's great to watch faces change as you zip past someone in a taurus. Good ole 24v 3 liter give her just a tiny tiny hint of sleeper in all that sedan.

She's ugly(ish), she's old, she has high miles-but she's my college workhorse that can get the whole gang anywhere pretty quick!

Again sorry for *okay* photos*

Editor can choose voting picture....

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok guys, if we don't have 1 more submission by the end of the month, I guess I'll open voting with the 4 we have.......
LETS GET ONE MORE SUBMISSION SO VOTING CAN START!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.