• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Entrants: You MUST vote! Please vote for a car other than your own.

It's time to vote for the First Quarter of 2016 everyone!

VOTE INFORMED!

VIEW THE SUBMISSIONS HERE

VOTE SMART!

VIEW RULES HERE

Being that it took extra time to get the submissions for this quarter I'm extending the voting till Friday 4/8

LGBPOP:

TAURUSSHO:

JRDNHSNBRG:

HORNSWAGGLE:

SHELBYRACER78:

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,400 Posts
:merc:

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Less is more... Hornswaggle's vehicle steals my vote. LGBPOP's survivor a CLOSE second, however. You just don't see those Gen 1s around anymore...

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
3rd gen love :wub::wub::wub:

Reactions: TaurusSHO

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Very tough to select one from this quarter's submissions. I love a Gen 3 in Toreador red. Jrdnhsnbrg has made his Gen 6 very distinctively his own and I, for one,appreciate his 'motivational' source. Sometimes less really is more and Hornswaggle's Sable is a clear example of a well cared for car, that is one lucky vehicle. I have followed Mark's project thread from the beginning, I really like what he has done with 'Allison' and have voted for her in the past. All that said and even though we own a couple of SHO's, at the end of the day to me the Bull at it's core has always been about grocery getting and kid haulin'. Nothing quite speaks to that like a longroof and I can't fail to acknowledge Lgbpop's representative of the Bull's 'greatest generation'

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,769 Posts
Thanks - that means a lot. :)

Reactions: mwylan

·
Registered
75 Posts
I chose TaurusSHO's '97 Bull GL, not out of pity and not because this may it's last, but because it's beautiful! If you told me that thing had been sitting on a showroom floor for the last 19 years I would believe it. I wish my car looked 1/8 as nice as that thing. The rest are nice too, but that car just has that "wow" factor... and I don't even like that color. Very nice car, why are you not just replacing the transmission. You may argue a '97 Taurus isn't worth putting a transmission in, but if you love it, fix it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
LGBPOP's station wagon is a beauty. I also had a WAGON similar to that exact year that I could pull my 14' Bass Tracker for river fishing.
Had a hitch installed so I could pull the trailer with the boat and ran lights for safety and inspection. I miss that wagon.
I liked all the vehicles in this contest and I'm glad that I could cast but "one" vote in this COTQ. Best of luck to all.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,769 Posts
LGBPOP's station wagon is a beauty. I also had a WAGON similar to that exact year that I could pull my 14' Bass Tracker for river fishing.
Had a hitch installed so I could pull the trailer with the boat and ran lights for safety and inspection. I miss that wagon.
I liked all the vehicles in this contest and I'm glad that I could cast but "one" vote in this COTQ. Best of luck to all.
It's not for sale, but thanks for the vote! :)

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is really tough. There was a lot of work put into all the cars to keep them on the road and looking as good as they do........... but....... as a fellow longroof owner, and knowing what it takes to keep an older car on the road(it's a daily struggle, especially when parts aren't as readily available as others), I have to go with Frank's wagon.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,769 Posts
Thanks yet again. :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I chose TaurusSHO's '97 Bull GL, not out of pity and not because this may it's last, but because it's beautiful! If you told me that thing had been sitting on a showroom floor for the last 19 years I would believe it. I wish my car looked 1/8 as nice as that thing. The rest are nice too, but that car just has that "wow" factor... and I don't even like that color. Very nice car, why are you not just replacing the transmission. You may argue a '97 Taurus isn't worth putting a transmission in, but if you love it, fix it!
Thank you! I did my best to keep it looking new. A couple months before the transmission went out I repainted the strips on the roof and fixed the bubbles that were beginning to appear on the right rear wheel well lip.

I really thought about getting it fixed, but with 230,000 miles and the other things that needed to be fixed, it just wasn't worth it. Although if I was out of school and had a full time job, I probably would have.

Even though yours wasn't, I am accepting pity votes! lol

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,769 Posts
Thanks to and for the latest two votes. :) It's heartening to see appreciation for the older Bulls in the forum, especially with all of the great examples presented from subsequent years just in this quarter's offerings. Heck, I had a hell of a time deciding for whose entry I would vote. I think that says something about the dedication and affection we all feel for these cars. I wish Ford had more support for the older ones, but I understand they have to draw the line somewhere.

Reactions: Josh

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,769 Posts
Thank you! I did my best to keep it looking new. A couple months before the transmission went out I repainted the strips on the roof and fixed the bubbles that were beginning to appear on the right rear wheel well lip.

I really thought about getting it fixed, but with 230,000 miles and the other things that needed to be fixed, it just wasn't worth it. Although if I was out of school and had a full time job, I probably would have.

Even though yours wasn't, I am accepting pity votes! lol
No car was a better candidate for a transmission rebuild than yours. Pity you haven't the money up front...but how are you going to replace the car? It's either cash up front, or a loan. Cash up front hurts up front, but then it's DONE. We haven't had a car payment since May of 2000 and we like it that way. Your car is too nice to let go to someone for a song; rebuild or replace the tranny and WHAM - they have reliable wheels for five years or more. See if your dad can help you out with a loan, man. Such a shame, seeing a nice car that can't move.:(

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
No car was a better candidate for a transmission rebuild than yours. Pity you haven't the money up front...but how are you going to replace the car? It's either cash up front, or a loan. Cash up front hurts up front, but then it's DONE. We haven't had a car payment since May of 2000 and we like it that way. Your car is too nice to let go to someone for a song; rebuild or replace the tranny and WHAM - they have reliable wheels for five years or more. See if your dad can help you out with a loan, man. Such a shame, seeing a nice car that can't move.:(
You're just trying to make me feel guilty. :( lol, but believe me I put a lot of thought into whether or not I should keep it. The main issue is I didn't know how to do it myself and I didn't want to dive into replacing a transmission without having done any repairs myself previously. I'm also almost certain it needs a new torque converter as well. Plus, it needed a new a/c compressor as well as a heater core. Within a year or so I was also going to have to replace the tires and shocks/struts. There were other issues as well. It all adds up, you know? It's funny because I was going to replace all of that except for maybe the heater core before the transmission went out. I probably saved myself a fair amount of cash.

And with the car I'm driving right now I don't have to worry about repairs, so I can save a lot more cash whether it's to get another car or to invest. I still haven't found anything I really like, so I might just invest it.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,769 Posts
You're just trying to make me feel guilty. :( lol, but believe me I put a lot of thought into whether or not I should keep it. The main issue is I didn't know how to do it myself and I didn't want to dive into replacing a transmission without having done any repairs myself previously. I'm also almost certain it needs a new torque converter as well. Plus, it needed a new a/c compressor as well as a heater core. Within a year or so I was also going to have to replace the tires and shocks/struts. There were other issues as well. It all adds up, you know? It's funny because I was going to replace all of that except for maybe the heater core before the transmission went out. I probably saved myself a fair amount of cash.

And with the car I'm driving right now I don't have to worry about repairs, so I can save a lot more cash whether it's to get another car or to invest. I still haven't found anything I really like, so I might just invest it.
I forgot about all the other stuff what needed fixing on your car - that's the fun with older cars! I paid the best shop in SW Fla. to do my transmission right (I have no clue about transmissions) but I myself did all the other stuff that you cited, on my own car over the past four years. It does help having the tools and my own garage, as well as the time to do the work myself. One good thing about Taurus parts, they still are so plentiful and demand is lower that I got everything dirt-cheap. For example, my new A/C system - compressor, condenser, heater core, evaporator,accumulator/dryer and the inline filter pipe all together cost me only $530 for all Motorcraft, brand-new OEM NOS parts. Heck, I couldn't afford NOT to keep the car! It really helps being in a rust-free climate, though.;)

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
*lurk*

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only a couple more days to go! Get those votes in.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,769 Posts
Well, there are two days left and it's NEVER over until it's over. Every entry is a nice one ~

Reactions: sheila
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.