Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

2015 Taurus with a Navigation Issue.

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  jduffy 
#1 ·
Yesterday I went to use my navigation system by selecting a place from my previous destination menu and it was blank. So I tried to do a little investigating to see what happened and the system wouldn't let me scroll to the settings tab. I was going to do a master reset to see if that would help. However, when I selected that tab I got the sound control menu (bass, treble, etc.). In fact, all the pages were mixed up or missing. All the other functions phone, bluetooth, climate, audio all seen to work fine. My navigation system seems to know where I am and what road I'm on but cannot access any of it's history or scroll through it's settings.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
James

#6 ·
Just disconnection the Negative battery cable wont do anything to the APIM. Does not do anything to mine, as the clock is set by syncing with GPS. You got try to drain on the power, Discount the Negative battery cable from the battery, leave positive cable attached. Run a jumper wire from the Negative cable to the positive battery post, leave it there for some time, say 5 mins. This will clear any codes you may have. Seach YouTube for resetting Ford codes without a scan tool. I have seen at least three videos on this process.

#7 ·
So, I disconnected the negative battery cable, like you mention, I've heard you have to also jump the terminals to completely drain the system. However, I also read that if you turn the headlights on it will accomplish the same thing, so being easier that's what I did. I left it this way for about 5 minutes then I turned the lights off and hooked the battery back up. Then as I was getting in the car I could see the system was going through an update before I even touched anything. So, I let it do it's thing then started the car and went straight to the navigation functions. Everything was back to normal other than most of my settings being reverted back to factory. Before I declare it a success, I'll give it a little more time to see if it craps out on me again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.